GMC Acadia Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Acadia Denali
10 Posts
Once I pick mine up tonight I am going to drive it manual selection mode and try to shift it manually(with button) on left turns when I normally notice the shift and see if it does it that way. As for sport mode, all I can tell is that it holds gears longer especially when throttle percentage is higher - it is also slower to lock the torque converter and will downshift slightly easier under load

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'll have to try sport mode again, don't remember it being any better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No change in sport for me. I’ve replicated issue in manual as well and even snow mode haha. Was looking for any insight into the problem but came up empty.

It’s originally why I thought it was indeed hardware related. But new trans confirms it’s not.

·
Registered
949 Posts
No change in sport for me. I’ve replicated issue in manual as well and even snow mode haha. Was looking for any insight into the problem but came up empty.

It’s originally why I thought it was indeed hardware related. But new trans confirms it’s not.
(sigh) Thanks for the feedback. And, Sport Mode made no difference for us either.
However, our Acadia doesn't really have a flare issue that I have really noticed. . .. just erratic shifts at times and lurching if getting on/off the gas pedal at times.

·
Registered
2017 Acadia Denali
10 Posts
So unfortunate news, took it in last friday for them to "log" data and then I picked it up at the end of the day. I've been waiting all week to see what the TAC engineers are recommending - service advisor called stating that TAC isn't seeing anything they are concerned with and are not giving any further approval for any other repairs or investigation at this time, and claim that I have plenty of warranty left in the case of something bad happens, or gets worse. Sounds like they don't have someone smart enough to figure it out, even though they are smart enough to design the thing in the first place. Thought about trading it in for a 2020 model, but Im gonna be losing money doing that. Always been a die hard GM guy, but there are definitely some oversights and shortcomings to this model of vehicle.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sounds very much like what I heard from my dealer, canned reply almost. It's in the program I think, not mechanical.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts