GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I’m less than useless but more than dangerous at wiring schematics. Guess I could disconnect/reconnect the plugs at the seat and see what happens. Other than that...
I agree. . even for those who are somewhat skilled the wiring diagrams let alone finding the connections in them. . .. are daunting. But checking and looking for loose connector pins or damaged wiring is a good a simple way to possibly find something.
It may even be in the seat heating element itself that works manually when you are in the seat and makes a connection, but opens when cold and no one in the seat? Still very annoying.
If you know someone with a meter. . . and find the connectors under both seats. . . you could maybe compare readings in a cold condition and see it that reveals any open circuit?

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali Summit White/Ebony leather
16 Posts
I can touch base with a buddy and see if he has time to play find the fault this weekend.

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
... Manual doesn’t address this, unless I missed it somehow. ...
You'll find this under the heading "Remote Start Heated Seats" in the 2011 manual (page 3-10 online, underline added):
"The heated seat button lights will not turn on during a remote start."
I know it doesn't help, but I find it interesting. In 2010, the heated seat button lights are supposed to illuminate on remote start when it's cold enough - same with my '07. Who knows why they changed it. What I find difficult to tell from your post is if the driver's seat heater is working even though the lights don't.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sometimes, these manuals read like a case of "If you can't dazzle then with brilliance, then baffle them with ?? " LOL
Well said...I looked at my manual to learn how to change the headlight/fog light bulbs. In summary it says.."Take it to the dealer" :oops:

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali Summit White/Ebony leather
16 Posts
You'll find this under the heading "Remote Start Heated Seats" in the 2011 manual (page 3-10 online, underline added):
"The heated seat button lights will not turn on during a remote start."
I know it doesn't help, but I find it interesting. In 2010, the heated seat button lights are supposed to illuminate on remote start when it's cold enough - same with my '07. Who knows why they changed it. What I find difficult to tell from your post is if the driver's seat heater is working even though the lights don't.
I saw the “lights won’t come on during remote start” bit, but since mine clearly do illuminate it’s a bit confusing.

I don’t think it does. When the passenger side seat heater lights are on (remote start) you can feel the seat is warm. When they’re not on for the driver side (remote start) the seat is noticeably colder than the passenger side.

I've unplugged and reconnected everything I can reach on the seat itself, and it still does it.

I’ll figure it out, or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My '08 SLT2 (purchased new in '08) heated seats worked with remote start until I took the Acadia in for a recall in 2009. (The recall was to disconnect the heated windshield wiper fluid.) After that recall service, the heated seats no longer worked during the remote start - but the indicator lights for the heated seats would go on. My bro-in-law mentioned that he owned cars that the heated seats would only turn on when there was a butt in them - safety issue to prevent overheat/fire. So I figured it was part of the recall.

After reading this thread, perhaps they should still be working? I shoulda brought it back in. ?

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
I don’t think it does. When the passenger side seat heater lights are on (remote start) you can feel the seat is warm. When they’re not on for the driver side (remote start) the seat is noticeably colder than the passenger side.
If it's any consolation, the seats don't really heat that well if no one is sitting in them. I believe that's stated somewhere in the manual. You could be feeling a difference because of the way the seats have been 'broken in' by you and your passenger. Mine aren't what I would call 'warm' until after a second remote start.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts