GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017, i have it set to start the heated seats when remote starting but never see any indicator light that they are on even when we had a 14 degree morning nothing. When I start it after remote starting I always have to turn on the heated seats manually. Is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
Have you read through the manual? Here's what it says:

During a remote start, the heated or
ventilated seats, if equipped, can be
turned on automatically. When it is
cold outside, the heated seats turn
on, and when it is hot outside the
ventilated seats turn on. The heated
or ventilated seats are canceled
when the ignition is turned on.
Press
the heated or ventilated seat button
to use the heated or ventilated seats
after the vehicle is started.
The heated or ventilated seat
indicator lights do not turn on during
a remote start.

The temperature performance of an
unoccupied seat may be reduced.
This is normal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Why is it people no longer check the owner's manual to learn how things operate?

So many questions could be quickly answered if they would just look it up! FAR quicker than posting on a message board and waiting till someone feels kind enough to politely answer. Is it that they don't want to learn for themselves and just want to be told? Guess I am just an old analog man in a digital world and will never understand!

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
BLUE OVAL said:
Why is it people no longer check the owner's manual to learn how things operate?
Truly, it's been happening for a lot longer than internet forums have been around. ;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
BlueOval I'm like you and try to read the owners manual for things but in the op's defense the 2017 Acadia's manual really leaves something to be desired. Some items are vey confusing and unclear.

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
Scbearsfan said:
BlueOval I'm like you and try to read the owners manual for things but in the op's defense the 2017 Acadia's manual really leaves something to be desired. Some items are vey confusing and unclear.
Sometimes, these manuals read like a case of "If you can't dazzle then with brilliance, then baffle them with :bs: " LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not much of the IP display or other interior lighting comes on with remote start until you get inside and press the 'Start' button.

However, I can attest that my heated seats do not work, in 10F weather with a long preheat start, indicator lights or not.

I took it into the dealer Friday, and they are "awaiting a reply from GM tech support".

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
balaclava said:
However, I can attest that my heated seats do not work, in 10F weather with a long preheat start, indicator lights or not.
I found the heated seats don't feel exactly 'toasty' until after the second remote start (my car's an '07). It could be a function of this: "The temperature performance of an unoccupied seat may be reduced."

The shop may be "waiting for parts" if your seats truly don't work.

·
Registered
876 Posts
In SC we don't use the remote start and heated seats, but I do notice when we do use the heated seats that the heated seats on the new Acadia don't seem to to get quite as warm as our Equinox or Enclave did. That could be because we don't drive long enough for them to heat up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I find mine are working as-expected during remote start. They're certainly not as warm as when I'm sitting in it, but takes the chill off.
I wish the heated steering wheel activated with remote start as well. Is that a configuration/option I'm missing?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Scbearsfan said:
I agree with the unclear. Then there is the physical thickness of the manual that is just too big.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I thought we were having issues with ours as well. Seats didn't feel like the heated seats were working. I tried to let the Acadia warm up longer using the remote start and noticed that the were warm just not as warm as our Enclave we had prior.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Maybe the older units like my 2010 have heavy duty heaters in the seats IDK but mine heat up pretty good.

Also maybe they changed things, but mine, when remote started DO light up showing they are powered up, all three lights are on, both sides.
Yes they do shut off when the key is inserted and turned to the run position. The defrosters front and rear also work during remote starts.

Didn't they make the 2017 vehicles lighter weight? If so, maybe they reduced/downsized the heating elements to save some weight?
It's unlikely that they use different heating elements in different trims - but it is possible.

But that doesn't matter to the OP if his are not working at all - are are more then likely defective or a wire is disconnected or
a switch is bad, for them to heat up during RS. JMO

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
I don't think it was the OP's seats not working, just that no indicator light was illuminated on remote startup. :shrug:

·
Registered
946 Posts
balaclava said:
Not much of the IP display or other interior lighting comes on with remote start until you get inside and press the 'Start' button.

I took it into the dealer Friday, and they are "awaiting a reply from GM tech support".
Your right as usual Speleos - It was the guy above that said they didn't work.

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali Summit White/Ebony leather
15 Posts
Back from the dead.

I have a similar yet different issue: on remote start, sometimes the driver side seat heats (with accompanying lights) and sometimes not. However, the passenger side ALWAYS heats (with accompanying lights). Manual doesn’t address this, unless I missed it somehow.

Possible switch failing, or is it a deeper issue?

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
I have a similar yet different issue: on remote start, sometimes the driver side seat heats (with accompanying lights) and sometimes not. However, the passenger side ALWAYS heats (with accompanying lights). Manual doesn’t address this, unless I missed it somehow.

Possible switch failing, or is it a deeper issue?
Interesting question. The seat heaters aren't turned on by switch during remote start. BCM programming handles that function. How often is "sometimes?"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting question. The seat heaters aren't turned on by switch during remote start. BCM programming handles that function. How often is "sometimes?"
50% of the time, +/-

It’s odd.

·
Banned
614 Posts
50% of the time, +/-

It’s odd.
Very frustrating and annoying for sure.

It does sound like a poor connection issue somewhere in the circumstance of remote starting.
A good study of the wiring comparing power path to the seat heater from manual control to remote starting might reveal something.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very frustrating and annoying for sure.

It does sound like a poor connection issue somewhere in the circumstance of remote starting.
A good study of the wiring comparing power path to the seat heater from manual control to remote starting might reveal something.
I’m less than useless but more than dangerous at wiring schematics. Guess I could disconnect/reconnect the plugs at the seat and see what happens. Other than that...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts