GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for a bit of information, I'm thinking its pretty straight forward but I may be wrong. I just picked up a 2017 Acadia Denali and have 265/65/17 snows on my current ride. The tires are brand new, just picked them up a year ago so I would like to use them. The Denali has 20" but lesser models have 17" rims. On paper everything checks out with minimal differences in tire size so that should be fine, my question really is, is there any reason why a Denali would not be able to fit a 17" rim. More than likely due to a brake system or suspension change to the Denali over a model with 17" rims affecting back spacing etc.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Can't see a problem at all to fit 17" wheels like my lesser model. :unsure::giggle:
The overall diameter will affect your speedo etc. by around 3%

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
Check the wheel's bolt pattern to make sure it's the proper one for the hub. Bolt pattern on a Lambda platform wheel is different than that of the C1XX platform wheel (Lambda 6x132 vs C1XX 6x120).

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Check the wheel's bolt pattern to make sure it's the proper one for the hub. Bolt pattern on a Lambda platform wheel is different than the C1XX platform wheel.
Good call; there was a 2017 Limited... old style.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend with saying lesser model but usually when you get a higher end vehicle you get things like different suspension and bigger brakes and sometimes that stuff doesn't fit with smaller rims. I meant no disrespect. I didn't think that was going to be an issue with the Denali edition being that I didn't see brakes or suspension as an upgrade for it to that model but I wanted to be sure. It definitely seems more like a bells and whistles more than performance package on these vehicles.

Thank you for the clarification on the bolt pattern however I will definitely keep that in mind when looking for rims being that I was looking at factory rims to begin with.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
No offense taken, and I'm not a bells and whistles guy anyway. My wife likes all that apart from leather, her Rogue has loads of extra stuff.
The performance stuff is the same for all, in theory the lesser models would perform better... lighter. But nobody would notice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hold to be honest this is the wife's ride. When the engine blew in her car we rented one while hers was being fixed and it had a heated steering wheel so that became the center point of the options. We went to the dealership looking at a 2020 that had significantly more mileage on it but it was the new body style and she didn't like it because it didn't have a sunroof. So we ended up with the 2017 with less miles all the same options and the sunroof. Older model cheaper price less miles. I think I won.

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
4 Posts
(Sorry, off topic reply) Regardless of miles/price, if your wife is happy, you win... For my wife's last car, it absolutely positively had to be black. Once we got to the MB dealer, we left with a white one because she changed her mind. After 30+ years, I've learned not to argue with her!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The big difference should be in the "tire profile" itself (height of the tire bead to the tread). The Denali has a larger 20" wheel but a smaller tire profile (55) vs either the 17" or 18" wheels which have a 65.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts