GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the coolant sensor location on my 2017 3.6L VVT Acadia. Haven't had any luck with the tube or Google images.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Is this the 2017 Lambda-platform Acadia Limited w/LLT 3.6L engine, or the 2017 C1XX-platform Acadia (SLE, SLT, or Denali) w/LGX 3.6L engine?

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
Its an SLT with the LGX 3.6L. Probably should have included that in the first place
Would have been good. I added that to your profile signature so no one has to ask again. Feel free to edit the signature with any other info.

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
Looks like they are saying it is located on top of the engine. I am going to pull off the intake and see if I can locate it.
That's where I'd suspect it is. I haven't had the opportunity to look over the LGX with a fine-toothed comb, yet. I might some day, take pics, and post them for everyone. I like the engine compartment layout of the C1XX platform. Online parts diagrams for the new platform seem to lack a lot of important information for now. GM's online parts suppliers need to get busy cleaning things up a bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Mbourcier, did you find the sensor? It should have been right under the intake. I posted the pic in the other thread of where is was. If you dont mind, why are you looking to replace the sensor? Im having issues with my Acadia. I already replaced the sensor and that didnt fix it. The Dealer said the thermostat needed replaced, so I just replaced that and its still not fixed. I'm pulling my hair out and thinking its something electrical. My temp gauge is stcuk on C, I get a steering assist is limited on the dash and my A/C does not blow cold air.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I replaced the thermostat and the issues went away. I've been driving the vehicle for about a month since and I have not had any more problems, so I believe that fixed it. It took me about 4 hours to replace the thermostat and the dang thing cost about $150, but hey, its fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's where I'd suspect it is. I haven't had the opportunity to look over the LGX with a fine-toothed comb, yet. I might some day, take pics, and post them for everyone. I like the engine compartment layout of the C1XX platform. Online parts diagrams for the new platform seem to lack a lot of important information for now. GM's online parts suppliers need to get busy cleaning things up a bit.
Speleos,
Reviving an old thread so that hopefully this will add to it.
I have been trying to locate the coolant temperature sensor with little to go on also. Pulled the intake and this is a picture from above showing the t-stat housing and what I hope to be the coolant sensor.
Any guidance would be appreciated!

Mike.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
@desert dog, my priorities changed considerably after I wrote that post. I don't have any additional information to provide here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I replaced the thermostat and the issues went away. I've been driving the vehicle for about a month since and I have not had any more problems, so I believe that fixed it. It took me about 4 hours to replace the thermostat and the dang thing cost about $150, but hey, its fixed.
Did you drain coolant first? If so how? thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Mbourcier, did you find the sensor? It should have been right under the intake. I posted the pic in the other thread of where is was. If you dont mind, why are you looking to replace the sensor? Im having issues with my Acadia. I already replaced the sensor and that didnt fix it. The Dealer said the thermostat needed replaced, so I just replaced that and its still not fixed. I'm pulling my hair out and thinking its something electrical. My temp gauge is stcuk on C, I get a steering assist is limited on the dash and my A/C does not blow cold air.
Did you ever find the issue my 2018 acadia has that exact problem right now.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Did you ever find the issue my 2018 acadia has that exact problem right now.
@paris289 said in the earlier Post #10 that they replaced the thermostat and it fixed the problem.
Read it below - - -

·
Registered
1 Posts
Acadia Owners - my Acadia Denali AC stopped working, steering assist message came up, temp needle lays on the bottom, ect. One of these posts mentioned replacing the positive terminal clamp on the battery. I was ready for bed but after the dealer quoted me $1,300 to repair it if they could get parts, which could be 1-6 months - which I understand for the state of the world I wasn't going to sleep anyhow. I went out to the garage armed with a bucket of water, baking soda, and an old whisk broom. Cleaned up all the white crap on the negative side and cleaned both terminals with sandpaper. Made sure the positive post assembly was clean as well. Left apart as recommended for 10 minutes - the computer reset and everything works fine. The AC is functioning once again. Not sure how long it will last but I will sleep better tonight at least. I will update if things change. Thanks to all for their help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts