GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2017 Acadia Denali. We thought the battery was going bad as it was randomly not starting. Didn't know if it was a parasitic drain or battery going bad. The night before we changed the battery we were driving it and functions were starting to not work properly. i.e. power steering was less assisted than normal, etc. I changed the battery and now the front blower and climate controls do not come on. When we turn the fan knob, temp controls, or air direction buttons the changes show up on the radio screen but nothing comes on and the numbers on the knobs are not showing. The defrost, a/c, and rear defrost buttons do not do anything.

Battery was changed about a week ago and have had no problem starting it since. I have tried disconnecting the battery and hooking back up a couple times with no change with climate control.

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Check HVAC and related fuses. Fuse locations are in your owners manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mrmills,
Did you ever figure out what is going on? I have a 2017 Acadia. Some warning lights were coming on one night and the next morning it wouldn't start. Replaced the battery and now my hvac power button doesn't come on and I can only get the fan to blow when the defroster button is depressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrmills,
Did you ever figure out what is going on? I have a 2017 Acadia. Some warning lights were coming on one night and the next morning it wouldn't start. Replaced the battery and now my hvac power button doesn't come on and I can only get the fan to blow when the defroster button is depressed.
I still have not figured it out yet. Ours wasn't starting in the mornings for about 5 days. The warning lights came on the night before I changed the battery and the climate control stopped working then. The next morning I changed the battery and everything started working fine with the exception of the climate control/front blower. Ours wont even work on defrost. I'm out of ideas that's why I posted on here but haven't learned anything yet. I talked to a few dealer service techs and they claim to have not heard of that happening before.

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
I still have not figured it out yet. ... I talked to a few dealer service techs and they claim to have not heard of that happening before.
May be time to take your Acadia to one of them so they can figure it out. :unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I still have not figured it out yet. Ours wasn't starting in the mornings for about 5 days. The warning lights came on the night before I changed the battery and the climate control stopped working then. The next morning I changed the battery and everything started working fine with the exception of the climate control/front blower. Ours wont even work on defrost. I'm out of ideas that's why I posted on here but haven't learned anything yet. I talked to a few dealer service techs and they claim to have not heard of that happening before.
Mine worked fine until I changed the battery, then the HVAC didn't work at all. I checked the powers and grounds. I replaced the HVAC remote module, which is in behind the radio cluster. Now the hvac controls light up. It displays on the intellilink. The power button will not light up and the defrost/floor button stays lit all the time. The only way the fan will blow is if you put it on defrost but the defrost/floor light still stays lit and the fan stays at medium speed all the time. The sync feature doesn't work either. I checked the wiring again. I removed the new module and put the old one back in. Nothing works or lights up. I put the new one back in, making sure the brown connector was the last one plugged in as per service manual, and it works as described above. I'm thinking the new module is faulty since it makes the hvac work, just not all the features. I'm going to order another one this morning. Everyone I have talked to said they have never heard of it either. Weird. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2017 Acadia SLT after changing the battery. Had to take it to the dealer for repair. The HVAC Controller needed a software update. After they downloaded and installed the new software, all is well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,
I installed another new remote hvac module. It's working better but not like it should. I asked the GM service dept about updating the software. They said they had never heard of any problems like this after battery replacement. I asked him, "How long have you been in the business? The internet is flooded with GM vehicles having issues after battery replacement." I asked them if they would check the HVAC software version and update it if needed. They did and it corrected the rest of my issues. It took them ten minutes and cost me $110. Goodbye GM!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm experiencing the exact same issue but with the added bonus that the cruise doesn't work either. Did any of you have that symptom as well?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts