GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t believe the current Acadia 3.6 has STOP/START (only AFM), but I thought I had read somewhere that the new Blazer would have both?

Is the Blazer going to have the exact same 3.6L Engine, but with STOP/START functionality added? I guess these things are “external” controls that do not affect the basic mechanical design/structure of the engine, correct?

And is the Acadia (2019 and later) getting *both* engine controls added now?

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Moved thread to "Automaker News" since questions are asked about new models of several lines of cars.

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
@Colt Hero, outside reviews of lastest models by Motor Trend and others should answer any questions like that. So will GM websites once model specs are published when the car goes on the sales block. Check out GM Authority, too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read several weeks ago that the 2019 will have the Start/Stop and the 9-speed transmission, just like the Traverse. Not sure how the Blazer is equipped.

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
I read several weeks ago that the 2019 will have the Start/Stop and the 9-speed transmission, just like the Traverse. Not sure how the Blazer is equipped.
2019 Acadia specs/options are already published online. Don't think that's the case with the Blazer, yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts