GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2012 GMC Acadia and blew the motor. I found a 2016 GMC Terrain 3.6 motor and I’m wondering if it’s a direct drop in compared to spending the extra $1800 for a motor out of a Acadia. Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Correct. . . the Terrain had the newer LFX 3.6L V6 engine.

·
Super Moderator
23,680 Posts
I recently bought a 2012 GMC Acadia and blew the motor. I found a 2016 GMC Terrain 3.6 motor and I’m wondering if it’s a direct drop in compared to spending the extra $1800 for a motor out of a Acadia. Any info is greatly appreciated!!!
If you browse the internet using keywords like "LLT to LFX swap" as your search criteria, you'll find discussions from people who have done the swap on their vehicles (including on the Traverse forum). Write-ups suggest it's not the 'direct drop in' you're seeking. You might be spending that extra $1800 on modifications to make it work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
lfx engines don't use exhaust manifolds, that's one big difference to overcome.

·
Super Moderator
23,680 Posts
lfx engines don't use exhaust manifolds, that's one big difference to overcome.
The LFX has exhaust manifolds. They're not separate bolt-on manifolds like the LLT, but integrated (cast) as part of the cylinder heads.

·
Super Moderator
23,680 Posts
wouldn't that be an exhaust port?
No. An exhaust manifold is designed to collect gases from several ports (cylinders) and direct them to one outlet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think any of the Vin D 3.6L engines can be swapped but that limits you to 2009 to 2015. I put a 2015 into a 2011 with no problems at all. Had to use the 2011 O2 sensors and I used the 2011 intake manifold just to keep everything stock to a 2011 chassis and wiring. Straight forward install but one hell of a lot of bolts and nuts to touch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think any of the Vin D 3.6L engines can be swapped but that limits you to 2009 to 2015. I put a 2015 into a 2011 with no problems at all. Had to use the 2011 O2 sensors and I used the 2011 intake manifold just to keep everything stock to a 2011 chassis and wiring. Straight forward install but one hell of a lot of bolts and nuts to touch.
Want to use 2015 enclave into acadia2010 work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts