GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Acadia Forum! Name is Jerrod and I am having starting issues! Need some help. My Acadia died yesterday, my brother was driving it says he stopped at store, but when he went to start vehicle made a grinding noise and ping noise and vehicle shutoff. I get there to inspect, checked fluids engine and transmission for any discoloration or metal flakes. Tried to start, put key in ignition turn to run position lights all illuminated radio on and no indicator lights on. Turn to start and only get a click like the starter is trying to start but no engine turn over. The same time all electrical lights shutoff. I checked battery good charge with load has 12.8V. Starter is good removed and had tested. Am at a loss right now. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The "grinding noise and ping noise" doesn't sound too promising. You'll first need to find a way to turn the engine by hand and see if it has locked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing