GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Acadia Denali is burning about 1 quart engine oil every 1,000 miles. Local GM dealer tells us that this is acceptable for this car. But, we can't find any documentation in service/user manuals documenting this. My husband has insisted oil usage be documented and so every 500 miles approx. , I return to the service department to have oil checked and noted. We find this usage unacceptable, but have no recourse at this point. Anyone else experiencing excessive engine oil usage?

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
how many miles on the 2016?

I believe the GM rate is 1 quart for 2000 miles.
Though it also depends on how the vehicle was driven. Speed/RPMs/Load. etc.

I hit 142,000 this morning.
My engine has begun to use oil. About 2.5 qts per 5000 miles.

I am slowly transitioning to high mileage oil.

Do keep a log of oil consumption.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had a '14 Denali and now have a '17 Limited, never added oil or burned oil between services which is usually 5-6K miles. Did some long distance towing with both vehicles and never needed to add oil...good luck!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm on my 6th Acadia, never had one to use oil. That said I trade every 2 years so not much mileage on any of them.. approx. 20,000 miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a '16 Denali that now has 96,000 miles on it (we bought it new). It my wife's daily driver with lots of stop and go driving. I change the oil myself and have used Mobil 1 5w-30 (w/K&N oil filters) since the first oil change and I use the on board oil life monitor every time. It's now starting to use some oil, down a half a quart at the last two oil changes. I have never had to add any oil between changes.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
2015 at 37,000 miles and never added oil between changes
We have a '16 Denali that now has 96,000 miles on it (we bought it new). It my wife's daily driver with lots of stop and go driving. I change the oil myself and have used Mobil 1 5w-30 (w/K&N oil filters) since the first oil change and I use the on board oil life monitor every time. It's now starting to use some oil, down a half a quart at the last two oil changes. I have never had to add any oil between changes.
Using same oil filter? Any leakage around engine block/headers? Any ground oil stain when parked for long time? Myself, I would not be using K&N oil filters, ONLY AC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
teetertotter
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing