GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger side quarter panel tail light has stress cracks. I am curious if Smoked tint or red tint will be effective at hiding the small stress cracks? I am not looking forward to paying almost 200$ for just 1 lens assemble to fix the ugliness.

Anyone have any input if Red or Smoked tint would hide the cracks and maybe spruce up the Acadia a little?

Thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
Not to be an old ninny, but if you're intending to tint the tail light lenses, it's illegal in many (most?) places. And IMO rightfully so.
$200 ain't that bad, could also try junk yards.
You could also perhaps try plastic glue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really dark tint. It is red tint. Tennessee Laws state Head light and Tail Light tint is not illegal.

Th cracks are multiple stretched across the entire lens like spider veins. Glue will not help sadly.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Wow, multiple cracks... best wishes on the repair/tint/replacement.

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
Th cracks are multiple stretched across the entire lens like spider veins. Glue will not help sadly.
Try an aircraft plexiglass/lexan repair kit. Weather-cracked windshields and windows of planes get restored quite frequently with much success.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem brake lights are out on both sides. I was told by the dealer, that the whole assembly has to be replaced at 650.00 per side

1 - 8 of 8 Posts