GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to the group, and surfing the net for an issues that I 'am having with my 2015 Acadia. Wanted to jump on here to see if I can get a little clarification. Story is kind of long so please bear with me. In March 2022, had my spark plugs changed, tranny fluid flushed, new battery, fuel injection cleaned, and an oil change. About 3 days later, service light came on. Took vehicle back to dealer to rectify, and was told there was a valve loose. Had that taken care of, service light goes off. During a road trip, light comes back on, nd vehicle is now trembling while in park (kind of a misfire sensation). Got back in town, took vehicle back to dealer, explained issues again, and was told that I had a leak in my power steering lines that has damaged some wires. Had my wiring harness replaced, along with the power steering lines which seems to correct the issues.

Fast forward to today 15 June 2022 (about 5 weeks later), and now I'm getting a message on my dash that say "hood open" and its not, while using my AC, the light to the AC blinks and my AC stops blowing cold air. This goes on for a few iterations, then goes back to normal. And my right blinker blinks vigorously (as if the light is blown, but it is not), and when I hit my lock button on the key fob, the front lights do not illuminate, indicating the vehicle is locked.

None of this took place PRIOR to me having the aforementioned routine maintenance completed. I'm no mechanic, but it seems to me the this an electrical issues that stems from the dealership doing what they did. Does this sound familiar to anyone here? I plan to take the vehicle back, but just wanted to know what this sound like to anyone here.

Please advise, thanks.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
How many miles on your vehicle?

There are hundreds of codes that can trigger the check engine light. Each time your light came on could have been caused by a different code.

It is going to be tough to answer your question without knowing the trouble codes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@divotdug it has appx 79,500 on it. The service light issue seems to be fixed. The main issues now is since I had the wiring harness fixed (from what I was told was needed), it now presents with these new seemingly electrical issues.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
@divotdug it has appx 79,500 on it. The service light issue seems to be fixed. The main issues now is since I had the wiring harness fixed (from what I was told was needed), it now presents with these new seemingly electrical issues.
A weak or dying battery can cause all sorts of gremlins. Perhaps go to a Auto Zone or the like and have battery load tested, they can do this in the parking lot.
Have your battery connections checked for tightness and inspect for any corrosion under the insulation to the connectors. Check negative battery cable connection to it's ground points on chassis, engine, etc.
Just because the batter is new doesn't rule out cables or connectors to it weren't compromised if they were on the edge of failing and once they were disturbed during replacement . . .. you have gremlins.

You can easily look st the battery under the passenger side rear floor board. take a look, wiggle and inspect for any corrosion at the connectors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@JayTee2019.......If the battery connections are good to go, do you think it could have anything to do with the new wiring harness work that was done? This all originated from the "routine maintenance" that I feel should have not caused all of this, hence why I usually never have any "routine maintenance" (besides your basic oil changes) completed on any of my vehicles, especially these newer vehicles. Just trying to use the process of elimination if that makes any sense?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
@JayTee2019.......If the battery connections are good to go, do you think it could have anything to do with the new wiring harness work that was done? This all originated from the "routine maintenance" that I feel should have not caused all of this, hence why I usually never have any "routine maintenance" (besides your basic oil changes) completed on any of my vehicles, especially these newer vehicles. Just trying to use the process of elimination if that makes any sense?
Process of elimination makes sense.
Anytime work is done on a vehicle, no telling what may have been unintentionally compromised.
I guess the whole chain of events is a little curious to me.

You might also check the fuse box locate behind the passenger side foot well kick panel.. While that was nt in the area of work performed. . . that fuse box has been often found with corrosion on fuse connections from water intrusion.
Only offering guesses here based on issues others have experienced.

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
......If the battery connections are good to go, do you think it could have anything to do with the new wiring harness work that was done? This all originated from the "routine maintenance" that I feel should have not caused all of this, hence why I usually never have any "routine maintenance" (besides your basic oil changes) completed on any of my vehicles, especially these newer vehicles. Just trying to use the process of elimination if that makes any sense?
Based on your description, it could be a loose fuse box problem from accidently bumping it while doing work you mentioned. It's easily fixed, too. Look through the forum using "loose fuse box" as keywords and read about what others have gone through to get such a seemingly severe problem resolved with a little attention to detail.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
How much of the wiring harness was replaced?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
There is also a fuse box under the hood that has a bolt in the bottom that was problematic for some. It can become damaged or corroded and not fasten the fuse box securely as I recall.
As mentioned, search the forum for detailed info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update. Took the vehicle to the dealer, and they suspect I need a new BCM. They tested it by resetting it, and this was concluded. Still in the shop, so I hope this corrects these electrical issues. While doing further research, it seems that these newer vehicles have TONS of different modules for different components. I just hope this will correct the issue. Not feeling 100% confident, so we will see, and keep updated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok guys,
How can you or is there a way to report a dealership's service department? Long story short, I'm tired of being charged for issues that are not being correct, and in turn losing hundreds of dollars.

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
ok guys,
How can you or is there a way to report a dealership's service department? Long story short, I'm tired of being charged for issues that are not being correct, and in turn losing hundreds of dollars.
Contact GMC Customer care either from the link in the forum's vendor section, or from GMC's website.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What does your repair invoice show for exact parts replaced and always a good idea to ask for the old parts so you can verify the work was in fact done...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Rexy624.....I had some electrical issues, that I was told derived from a bad BCM. Had the BCM and two cam solenoids replaced, picked up the vehicle, and wasn't even home yet and still had the same issues. I have been going round and round with this service department, and every time I go there for an issue (or a issue to be rectified), I get told about a new issues that maybe causing the issue in the first place. So basically, I feel like I'm being taken for a ride, and not getting anywhere. I filed a complaint with the BBB with the hopes of resolve, but I'm not counting on that.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I suspect your dealership is doing their best to resolve your issues. Electrical issues in modern vehicles can be a pain in the butt to troubleshoot.

Has the battery been replaced or are you still on the original battery? A failing battery can cause all sorts of havoc.

Do you have a sunroof and have you had an issue with water intrusion from clogged sunroof drains?

Did replacing the BCM resolve the issues outlined in your opening post?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
From what he says . . . he took his Acadia in for routine maintenance items - - -" spark plugs changed, tranny fluid flushed, new battery, fuel injection cleaned, and an oil change. About 3 days later, service light came on. - - "
Then a number of issues arose upon which he returned only to experience more issues. And the BCM did not seem to remedy anything.
So I can see where it seems like the dealer is just throwing a lot of parts at the issues that all started following some routine maintenance.
That said, no telling what other details may be pertinent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@divotdug have not seen any evidence of water leakage. However, the battery was replaced (back in March) so it is newer. As far as the BCM, I don't think it needed replaced at all, because I'm still having the same issues. In fact, now my horn won't work, and my passenger side headlight, parking lights are all inop.

Not to mention the rest of the issues that originally presented themselves. Honestly, I feel its hazardous to drive just with the horn and headlights issues alone. I'm returning the vehicle on Monday 27 June for them to recheck, but I sure as hell not paying them another red penny.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts