GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 Acadia.Is it normal is I’m on a small incline and when I let my foot off the brake the car rolls back.And vice versa, was on a small decline yesterday backing up. As soon as I took my foot off the gas I start to roll down hill. I can see this on steeper slopes, but slight slopes? Thinking the tranny isn’t too strong

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
The 'roll back' or 'roll forward' was a common complaint about earlier Acadias. It's caused by a combination of torque converter design and lower engine idle speed. GM added programming to alleviate the problem - called hill start assist (HSA).

Your car is equipped with HSA. Perhaps it isn't working correctly. Look through the owner's manual for a description about how it operates. If you don't have an owner's manual, here's the link for an online version: 2014 GMC Acadia/Acadia Denali Owner Manual HSA is described on page 9-28.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has to be this, now is that in internal part in the transmission or is is outside. I’m assuming it is inside

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
It's a computer software routine - module coding. It takes information from various sensors on the car and applies those readings to the condition through the brake system. Take the car to GM dealer, or qualified tech for diagnosis (and reprogramming, if needed).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing