GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our 2014 Denali Intellilink audio/nav system started rebooting itself every 50 seconds or so. Totally unusable.

Searched the forum for some clues and found out that several other members have had similar issues. Suggestions indicated a trip to the dealer for a software update would solve the problem.

I took it to the local GMC dealer, described the problem and suggested it needed a software update to fix the constant rebooting. Service Advisor came back after speaking to a technician and agreed that there is an update that will fix it.

He told me that he would have to charge the minimum troubleshooting fee of $179.95, even though I walked in telling them what the car needed. They did the update and called me the next day to say the car was ready. They referenced TSB # PI0962, "necessary to reprogram the radio"

What do you think of the dealership charging me the $179.95 troubleshooting fee? I feel like GMC should reprogram the malfunctioning radio at no charge because of the associated TSB. Your thoughts??

Also, does anyone have a hard copy of TSB # PI0962?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,300 Posts
Your car is out of warranty. Any applicable TSB is not necessarily a warranty repair. It's merely a guide to troubleshoot and repair a particular problem if/when it occurs. Unfortunately, your car's problem appeared after the warranty ran out.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I agree with Speleos. You are out of warranty. GM has no obligation to fix your vehicle for free.

I have no issue with the troubleshooting fee. Too many times dealers find themselves in a hole by accepting an owner's self diagnosis.

TSB's are internal documents between automakers and dealer techs. Not hard to find summaries on the internet but if you want actual details you need to have a paid subscription to something like AllData/DIY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 Acadia Denali had a similar problem with Intellilink acting squirrelly due to Grandkids crushing a rear center console USB plug and shorting out the 5 vdc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
RBardsley
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing