GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GMC Acadia SLT1
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this transmission mount hydraulic/oil filled? I have seen oil underneath it in the garage a few times. I don't see anything leaking above it.

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Rim Bumper

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
The front is....
My trans mount has never leaked. But i did replace it.
I would say yes it is leaking.
The liquid that comes out is black.
But leaves a brownish stain just like yours

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
See the pic of the brownish stain the liquid left on my front one in this thread

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
2013 GMC Acadia SLT1
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front is....
My trans mount has never leaked. But i did replace it.
I would say yes it is leaking.
The liquid that comes out is black.
But leaves a brownish stain just like yours
Thanks for the quick reply. That is what I thought. I just bought the car used so it should be covered under my powertrain warranty!! It does call it out as a covered part!!

·
Registered
2013 GMC Acadia SLT1
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See the pic of the brownish stain the liquid left on my front one in this thread

So, there is no more oil leak from the mount. It only leaked a few ounces at best. I assume it doesn't hold a lot to begin with. Also, I need to pay deductible first on warranty and repair is less than that. However, if the rest is rubber and looks fine, does it really need to be replaced? Structurally it looks fine and doesn't drive any differently than it did before. No extra vibration. I have seen some pictures online of ones that have completely failed that look terrible. Just had some other repairs on a different car and want to wait if I can! Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
So, there is no more oil leak from the mount. It only leaked a few ounces at best. I assume it doesn't hold a lot to begin with. Also, I need to pay deductible first on warranty and repair is less than that. However, if the rest is rubber and looks fine, does it really need to be replaced? Structurally it looks fine and doesn't drive any differently than it did before. No extra vibration. I have seen some pictures online of ones that have completely failed that look terrible. Just had some other repairs on a different car and want to wait if I can! Thoughts?
It is best not to wait ..... once its starts to go it can take out parts of the exhaust system and other mounts due to excessive movement.You can't go by how it looks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this transmission mount hydraulic/oil filled? I have seen oil underneath it in the garage a few times. I don't see anything leaking above it. View attachment 12391
All three lower mounts are hydraulic (oil filled) and overpriced!! Upper torque strut (dog bone) fails first! Causing front center and passenger side lower to failure, buy genuine GM for lasting quality! Short trips don't kill batteries...shorts kill batteries!! Living the Dream!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts