GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and couldn’t find another thread that matches my exact issue. Maybe there is one already but I’m too lazy to search in depth. But here’s my issue.

I have a 2013 SLE-2 AWD with 87k miles. If I’m taking off from a stoplight and accelerating normally it will shift through 1 & 2 pretty easily. But when I get to 35mph-45mph it starts slipping. It won’t engage quickly.

If i were to take off quicker it shifts with no problem.

The other thing is when I’m driving up a hill it feels like it engages and let’s go, engages and let’s go.

Oh I should mention that my AWD isn’t working. I brought it into the dealership and they said it might be a wiring issue. They were going to charge me like $800 to figure out the electrical issue.

I love my Acadia. It’s a perfect fit for me. I just was wondering if this is a common issue for this model. And of course is this an extensive fix?

Thanka.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Do you value our free guesses more than that of an experienced tech......many times in life you get exactly what you pay for.

The transmission issue and the AWD issue may very well be related.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it new in December of 2012. As a guy with kids it’s perfect for me. Plus the weather tech floor mats I bought are a godsend with kids. Haha.

I posted about it here because I have talked to a few fellow Acadia owners (when I happened to meet them at a gas station) and a couple of them had mentioned that transmission problems are notorious in Acadias.

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Regarding the transmission: First thing to do is check the transmission fluid level. Make sure it's within range on the diptick. Also, consider getting the fluid changed if you haven't done so, yet.

What you do about the AWD is up to you. Offer to pay the service center an hour or so diagnostic time and see what they say it will take to repair it. Could be as simple as a dirty connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts