GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I recently purchased a 2013 Acadia SLT a few months back. It has around 135K on it now. Everything was great until a few weeks or so ago. I get a pretty bad shake/shudder when shifting between 2nd and 3rd gear but only under light acceleration, or keeping a steady speed around 40-45MPH. There is no CEL on, and no codes come up when I scan it. It doesn't happen under harder acceleration or on deceleration. It's seems worse when the trans is cold. I drained the trans fluid (it was pretty ugly) and refilled it, then I drove it around a little bit, and did it again to try and flush out as much crud as I could. I feel like it may need a torque converter. My question is, do I chance it and swap out the torque converter for ~$300 or do I go ahead and swap the entire transmission for $2-3k. Are the torque converters a known problem? I hate to have to pull the transmission twice if the torque converter doesn't fix the problem. It doesn't look like a quick easy job. I'm not too familiar with GMCs, so I figured this would be the proper place to ask for some experienced opinions. Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Super Moderator
18,302 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You can read a bunch of remedies other members went through if you search the forum using keywords "transmission shudder." Replacing the torque converter has resolved some of the problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing