GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Low Air Conditioning Refrigerant Charge
August 26, 2015

Some 2013-2016 Traverse, Enclave, and Acadia models may have warm air conditioning. A check of the refrigerant level may reveal a very low/empty charge. After performing normal diagnostics, if the source of the refrigerant leak is not found, check for a small refrigerant leak at the rear auxiliary air conditioning evaporator.

Engineering has determined that dust from the blower motor brush on the evaporator may have some copper particles in it, which causes accelerated corrosion to the evaporator. The copper particles are coming from the blower motor during the motor break-in period, so the motor does not need to be replaced.

Remove the rear auxiliary blower control module and insert the GE 50078 Electronic Leak Detector to test for a leak. If a leak is found, replace the rear evaporator.

Also remove the rear blower motor and blow the fan and blower cage (Fig. 9) with compressed air to remove any copper particles and dust that could be redeposited on the new evaporator. This will prevent the possibility of a subsequent failure of the evaporator from the copper dust remaining on the blower fan cage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How widespread of a problem has the rear evaporator corrosion become? 2015 Acadia Denali with 26K miles, haven't had the a/c diagnosed yet.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It comes up on the forums quite often.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It comes up on the forums quite often.
I also have the same issue going on. It was replaced under warranty 2 years ago, and now they say it needs replaced again (not covered anymore) I think I'm just going to recharge it and see how long that lasts.the dealership wants 1,200$ i also have a 15

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a low mileage 2015 Denali. No AC at all. Not looking forward to spending the $$$$ to get it fixed. Was hoping to find a recall.
What ??? Anyway if you have problems with your air conditioner I think the best solution would be to turn to the best air conditioning service company because I personally have great confidence in them because when I had problems they solved everything quickly and since then I have not had any defects in my AC, which is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts