GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had a problem with the passenger side blowing hot air, While the settings are on a/c. This vehicle has dual climate control btw. Drivers side works fine. Back works fine. So, I did some research and obvious thing was the blend door actuator. So there are 3. 1 on driver's side, 2 on passenger side. From my research I discovered that the top passenger side was for changing from dash to floor. And the bottom one is for heat and cold. So, I got a new one and I changed out the bottom one. Walla! I now have a/c on passenger side. So, here is my problem.... I now have A/C, but no heat on passenger side. I had only heat, changed the part, now it's only air.. Any ideas? Did I need to adjust the white plastic thing the actuator goes on? Or do I need to replace another actuator?. Thanks in advance..

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
Did you reset the HVAC system after changing the actuator?

Reactions: Johnny13

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
Search the forum for it. Use keywords "HVAC reset" or something similar. You'll find the procedure in several forum threads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Search the forum for it. Use keywords "HVAC reset" or something similar. You'll find the procedure in several forum threads.
I've searched a few already, cant seem to find anything. I'll try googling it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've searched a few already, cant seem to find anything. I'll try googling it
I still havnt found anything. Other than taking the fuse out and unhooking the battery. Thanks for the help tho. If u happen to find out the proper way please let me know. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
I still havnt found anything. Other than taking the fuse out and unhooking the battery. Thanks for the help tho. If u happen to find out the proper way please let me know. Thanks
It can be done with a scantool, or without one using this procedure:
Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

Alternate Method (w/o Scan Tool)

Clear all DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes).
Place the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Install the HVAC actuator.
Connect all previously disconnected components.
Remove the HVAC/ECAS fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds.
Install the HVAC/ECAS fuse.
Start the vehicle.
Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.
Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had no codes to start. I tried do reset without the diagnostics tool. That didnt work. I guess I'll have to try it with the tool. I appreciate the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts