GMC Acadia Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
@hrbeta, I'm sorry to read about the concerns you're experiencing with the 2012 Acadia. I would like to do some research about this. I will send you a private message with the information I will need to thoroughly look into this for you.

Michelle, GMC Customer Service
Michelle with GMC Customer Service, Please message me about my 2012 Acadia Transmission!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hrbeta:

"I'm not that crazy after all. Service Director Dan Fielder drove my Acadia along with me, and got to experience the problem.
Moments earlier a mechanic had driven the car and dismissed my complaint citing wind gusts as the cause.
It seems only after Fielder drove the car, the dealer took me seriously. What is frustrating is that they had not even checked for bulletins from GMC, now they did, and BINGO there is one stating exactly was I was complaining about.
Did I mention I had visited this dealer ten days ago for them to check my car, and they sent me on my merry way with the uncomfortable feeling they thought I was imagining things? They are taking the car in now and I hope they'll fix it, so far I cannot say I'm satisfied with GMC's service."

Can you please share the bulletin from GMC you refer to above? My 2012 Acadia has been doing this since 2014 with no answers from dealership service -it's a dangerous issue. Thank you so much.

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
Michelle with GMC Customer Service, Please message me about my 2012 Acadia Transmission!!
@Skyline91, you must initiate the message with GMC Customer Service. Supply them with your vehicle information (year, build, VIN, mileage) and a description of your complaint in a PM. Someone at GMC should follow up with you through either PM here, or email. I don't think Michelle even works there any more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hrbeta:

"I'm not that crazy after all. Service Director Dan Fielder drove my Acadia along with me, and got to experience the problem.
Moments earlier a mechanic had driven the car and dismissed my complaint citing wind gusts as the cause.
It seems only after Fielder drove the car, the dealer took me seriously. What is frustrating is that they had not even checked for bulletins from GMC, now they did, and BINGO there is one stating exactly was I was complaining about.
Did I mention I had visited this dealer ten days ago for them to check my car, and they sent me on my merry way with the uncomfortable feeling they thought I was imagining things? They are taking the car in now and I hope they'll fix it, so far I cannot say I'm satisfied with GMC's service."

Can you please share the bulletin from GMC you refer to above? My 2012 Acadia has been doing this since 2014 with no answers from dealership service -it's a dangerous issue. Thank you so much.
Skyline91.

Did you everget that bulleting number?

last week my 2012 AWD Acadia was doing similar issues..
1. while driving, door locks engage/disengage
2. trans appears to slip into Neutral (high rev/ no power)
3. traction control engages/disengages and the vehicle lurches forward and hard stops
4. trans enters some sort of Limp home mode where it allows me to drive only up to 60mph, @4000 rpm (like 3rd gear)

I call OnStar and they pull codes for me while enroute to the Dealer:
ECM code =U0101
TCM code= none (failed to probe module)
ABS code= U0101
Abs code= C0561 (issue with traction control system)- "service within 7 days"
Service manager seems clueless,,,"might be water in the fuse box"

any help or eventual solutions would be appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
Skyline91.

Did you everget that bulleting number?

last week my 2012 AWD Acadia was doing similar issues..
1. while driving, door locks engage/disengage
2. trans appears to slip into Neutral (high rev/ no power)
3. traction control engages/disengages and the vehicle lurches forward and hard stops
4. trans enters some sort of Limp home mode where it allows me to drive only up to 60mph, @4000 rpm (like 3rd gear)

I call OnStar and they pull codes for me while enroute to the Dealer:
ECM code =U0101
TCM code= none (failed to probe module)
ABS code= U0101
Abs code= C0561 (issue with traction control system)- "service within 7 days"
Service manager seems clueless,,,"might be water in the fuse box"

any help or eventual solutions would be appreciated
Having the same intermittent "shuttering" feel and sporadic tachometer on our 2012 AWD Acadia , has anyone figured out what is going on …. what "bulletin" is it so I can rely this to my local dealer when I take it in. Thanks folks

·
Registered
1 Posts
A couple of weeks ago my wife and I (we have one car) started to notice something funny on how our 2012 Acadia drives. There seemed to be a lag in the response time after the accelerator pedal was pressed. The issue seemed to be intermittent, it would happen sometimes without announcing itself. No error or codes messages come up in the instruments panel either. My wife was very afraid and upset when in a very busy traffic intersection, the Acadia failed to perform and caused a near-miss.
I took the car to my GMC dealer in Delray Beach, FL, and tried to explain the problem, which at the moment I though could be related to the throttle body (I own modern motorcycles with "fly-by-wire" throttle systems that commonly fail). They took the Acadia and they said two mechanics drove it and felt nothing. They also said they ran a computer test and no codes came up. In the end they did not have an answer for this and only suggested it might have been a dirty injector, but in any case, without a code from the car's computer they could not know what problem they were after.
I took the car back and apprehensively went on a 500 miles trip, I was happy and relieved when the Acadia did not act up once during the trip. But now I'm back in town and the Acadia has started again to haphazardly act up, the engine revs up but the transmission does not engage, NO codes or messages come up in the instrument panel.
Has anyone experienced or heard about this issue?
Thanks.
I am having this issue now!

·
Registered
130 Posts
The video Acadia shows OLM 20%. That is not recommended by many mechanics on GM V6 3.6L engine. You may find some you tube video talking about oil consumption on this GM V6 3.6 engine that are used in many GM cars from Acadia, Enclave, Cadillac SRX,.... Highly recommendation to change oil at 3k-4k miles that is 60-70% for this model year engine. Low on oil will cause timing chain stretch that even sucks more oil into engine valves and throttle body chamber that end up having rough idle or running. My 2007 Acadia has had problems with rough idle and misfire due to oil consumption. I lately installed two oil catch cans. One on the back orifice (PVC) and one in front that has solved the problem ever since. Prior I replaced a new valve gasket with a new design that blocks oil suck from orifice or pcv but that did not help much. After tired of keep cleaning oil in the air intake tube and clean the throttle body, I decided to install the oil catch cans. I have posted a video that I installed two clear little oil catch cans purchased online. I have seen a lot of oil got caught each time I do the oil change. Keep oil from sucking into the engine valves help riding smooth even more responsive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A couple of weeks ago my wife and I (we have one car) started to notice something funny on how our 2012 Acadia drives. There seemed to be a lag in the response time after the accelerator pedal was pressed. The issue seemed to be intermittent, it would happen sometimes without announcing itself. No error or codes messages come up in the instruments panel either. My wife was very afraid and upset when in a very busy traffic intersection, the Acadia failed to perform and caused a near-miss.
I took the car to my GMC dealer in Delray Beach, FL, and tried to explain the problem, which at the moment I though could be related to the throttle body (I own modern motorcycles with "fly-by-wire" throttle systems that commonly fail). They took the Acadia and they said two mechanics drove it and felt nothing. They also said they ran a computer test and no codes came up. In the end they did not have an answer for this and only suggested it might have been a dirty injector, but in any case, without a code from the car's computer they could not know what problem they were after.
I took the car back and apprehensively went on a 500 miles trip, I was happy and relieved when the Acadia did not act up once during the trip. But now I'm back in town and the Acadia has started again to haphazardly act up, the engine revs up but the transmission does not engage, NO codes or messages come up in the instrument panel.
Thanks.
I am having the same issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks.
Sounds like the torque converter to me. I had one replaced at 72000 miles in warrenty and another at 164000 miles that cost $1400.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts