GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, our 2012 Acadia has been shuddering when accelerating for about 2 months now. It's gradually gotten worse, but still no codes were being thrown up. We finally brought it in to a local deal and they're saying we either need a whole new transmission or the converter needs to be replaced, which we need to pull the tranny out to get to.. Anyone else have this issue and/or suggestions on what this could be before we drop $1k on a "maybe" fix?

·
Super Moderator
18,801 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Use the search function with keywords like "shudder," "torque converter," etc. and you'll find what others have previously said about the problem. Those posts should give you sufficient insight into problem resolutions and prices paid for the repairs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Use the search function with keywords like "shudder," "torque converter," etc. and you'll find what others have previously said about the problem. Those posts should give you sufficient insight into problem resolutions and prices paid for the repairs.
I have a 2008 Acadia that experienced shuddering at 40 to 50 mph. Went to dealership and they said it was torque converter. I took the car to my mechanic and he test drove it for 35 min. When he came back the shuddering had stoped and the car runs great.
He cleared all the codes in the car and flashed the trannys ECM/TCM. Everything seems great now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts