GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
teetertotter said:
This happened in our 12' Terrain we had on a 95F day. When we got home from our 1-1/2 hour trip, I disconnected the battery over night. The next morning I hooked it back up to reset everything, 1/2 hour later, I started it up, and never had any problem for the 1-1/2 years, when trade for the new 14' Acadia. Happy the dealer was able to take care of you and back on the road! :cheers:
I pulled the fuse on it and that seemed to fix it. Thank goodness. I did a 7 hour road trip with it just blowing through the defrost vents on Friday. That was not fun!

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
talon2king said:
... Final diagnostic (I'm not a mechanic and just repeating what I was told by the dealership) of the Acadia was that a piece of metal somehow got into the #1 cylinder and did some pretty bad damage in it. Another piece of metal was stuck in the exhaust valve as well and that was causing zero compression. There were two other cylinders that were low on compression. ...
Did they show you these pieces of metal? If they did, could you describe them? Did they give you any idea at all about what they were, or where they might have broke free from the engine? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give them to you if you had asked. Things like that would most likely be turned-in as part of the warranty return requirement.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Speleos said:
Did they show you these pieces of metal? If they did, could you describe them? Did they give you any idea at all about what they were, or where they might have broke free from the engine? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give them to you if you had asked. Things like that would most likely be turned-in as part of the warranty return requirement.
No they didn't. I honestly didn't think to ask, the only thing that was on my mind was grabbing the Acadia and getting home. I did ask where they think it came from and they weren't too sure. They think that whatever it was could have caused the cat con to go bad as well. I wish I would have thought to ask to see the metal. When I arrived there, they had the old engine already packaged to be sent back. The nice thing about having the new motor is that the cylinder head cover is now aluminum and not plastic - at least that is what the tech said. It runs great now though and didn't have a single issue on the way home (except the blowers not changing from defrost, which I fixed by pulling the fuse). I'm just glad she's fixed. It's a great vehicle and I don't want to get rid of her.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
9 Participants
Grantv
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing