GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so let me start with what has been replaced in the last week.
  • GM front rear rotors & pads
  • GM lower control arms/bushings/ball joints
  • moog tie rods - inners seemed good (no play and stayed in place when tie rod removed)
  • struts
  • new Continental tires
  • alignment
  • rear shocks about 10k miles ago and all end links and bushings.
ok so eh Ike has had a seat/floor/wheel vibration as you approach 70 mph. I though with replacing almost everything but the CVS and bearings things would be better but they actually got worse. Any ideas?

2011 Enclave CXL FWD - 68k miles

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Could be an out of round or slightly bent wheel. Have had that with a vehicle in the past. Had a seat of the pants vibration right around 65 mph. No vibration until I hit 65 vibration, cleared as I approached 70. In my case it took swapping wheels to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - dealer installed tires and balanced non issues.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thanks for the reply - dealer installed tires and balanced non issues.
My dealer did the same but they also warned me that no matter how much they load balanced the wheels and tires, an out of round wheel can still cause a vibration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
With all new suspension up front I did the pull on the wheels when on Jack stands. I’m no mechanic but there is play in and out - probably wheel bearings. They don’t groan but I order new ones - hoping this will solve the wicked vibration issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vibration was present before the front suspension and new tires were mounted.

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
It’s not the bearings ..... great 🙄
Good idea to have someone check for an 'out of true' wheel. Beginning to seem like somebody hit a curb, pothole, or the like hard enough to bend a wheel without causing any visible damage.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Good idea to have someone check for an 'out of true' wheel. Beginning to seem like somebody hit a curb, pothole, or the like hard enough to bend a wheel without causing any visible damage.
The OP seems to want to avoid that possibility.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Wheels balanced normal when tires installed last week.
You are missing the point. A out of round wheel can be balanced but it it is still out of round and can produce a vibration.

Had this issue with my Caddy CTS. Swapped out the wheel, vibration went away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts