GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new engine in this 2011 Acadia, I bought a 2015 engine Vin D with 34,000 total miles and it works well. I was prepared to overhaul my old engine until I found it needed a new crankshaft and then I found the low mile 15 engine for about the same price so I rolled the dice and went with the 15 engine. No Check Engine lights, runs very smoothly and I am happy with that so far. A few mods are needed for this swap but it works perfectly.
Since the install I have the following lights on my dash.
Traction Control Off! my traction control button does not function since this light came on, it make not difference when I hit that button.
Then a Stabilization note shows up, another system that does not work.
The only other thing associated with this seems to be Cruise control which also will not turn on.
I replaced the Brake Position Sensor but my Scan Tool would not clear the codes to calibrate the new sensor, my scan tool is too old. My son will come by and see if his scan tool will work, we may just rent the GM software to program this. I think we can get it rented for $75 for a 3 day use.
I pulled the tires to inspect the brake sensors, I thought I may have injured one while doing the engine work. They look fine, no damage to be seen.
The engine runs so smoothly I don't think any engine device is triggering this situation.
Unfortunately the brake sensor wires hook up under the Fuse Box and under the Air Cleaner so I will need to tear those out to inspect the front wheel connections. At least that is what I see tracing the wires. Can you remove the lower air cleaner box without removing the windshield washer tank in this car?
I am hoping one of you Acadia owners has experience and can point me in the right direction.
I also bled the brake fluid while doing the engine, changed the tranny fluid, transfer case fluid, rear diff fluid.
Had to pull both front CV axles as part of the engine removal.
So you see I have touched nearly every system and it is likely I caused this problem but I do not yet know what to look for.
Is there a wire schematic on this site to start the search?
I don't in any way want to sound like this was an easy job. It was very complicated and I work slow so it took a long time, I removed the engine out the top with a hoist since I do not own a lift. It can be done, just takes time.
The vehicle has 134,000 miles and I bought it with a broken engine so I don't know the history.
Thanks for any help or directions you can share.
Mark

·
Super Moderator
20,838 Posts
Look through this thread for a service manual: Link to Owners/Service Manuals Model year might not be the same, but the platform never had major changes. Most changes occurred with addition/deletion of factory options.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, I was trying to show a picture of the engine in full dress going back in with the Transfer case and transmission all attached, it was heavy. Have not figured out how to add a picture yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to download the service manual to get the wire diagram with no luck yet. I had to Join MEGA what ever that is, each try it starts downloading and then says the import has failed. No luck so far. I joined the Mega program and I hope it is real and not a scam program.

·
Super Moderator
20,838 Posts
... I joined the Mega program and I hope it is real and not a scam program.
Other members downloaded it in the not too distant past and didn't encounter any problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an older scan tool and it will not read SRS or ABS codes to help fix the traction Control Off issue. Are there any scanners you guys use other than Tech 2 to do this job? I would like to clear codes in the ABS/SRS and calibrate the new Brake Sensor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This Problem turned out to be triggered by the Steering sensor. When I installed my new engine I had to pull the engine tranny and transfer case. On assembly knowing it would need an alignment to correct the struts that I had to remove I was not careful at all about assembly of the struts. My steering wheel was off center about 1/4 turn. My guess is this set off the steering sensor. The Cruise control, traction control and steering stabilizer were all disabled by the computer due to this sensor being in the wrong position. I jacked up the car, pulled both front tires and adjusted the front struts till the Camber is near perfect. I went for 0 degrees camber in my garage with no special tools other than a level. Ideal is .9* camber. This put my steering wheel in dead center again and the computer started working perfectly. All Systems are good, no check engine or warning lights. I had planned to go get an alignment as soon as this car ran. I should have done that and saved some time searching for this problem. Hope it helps the next guy(or Gal) that tears into one of these. The car drives great and I will still take it in for an alignment but now I know all systems are working perfectly. No scan tool was needed to correct this issue. I did unplug the battery while I did this work so maybe that reset it but I think it was adjusting the Camber that fixed this issue.
Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts