GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2010 Acadia for my twins first car. The engine light was on solid. We ran OnStar diagnostics and also hooked the computer up to it and it said sensors need to be changed. Change sensors light got turned off but after sitting overnight, it came back on again. We were in the code again with a different code change all those sensors and once again turn the light off and it stays off and then it comes back on. Any suggestions please help should we run it more?

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Are we to guess what the codes were, and which sensors were changed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My apologies this is my first time posting on this type of forum and I wasn’t exactly sure what type of information was needed. Basically we had code P0017, P008, P009, P0016, P0018, P00161 & P2099. We changed a toya of 5 sensors related to these codes. And I do not know the specific names of the sensors. I will have to ask my husband.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
some bad news.
The 8, 9, 16,17,18 point to a stretched/worn timing chain.
Especially if you changed what may have been the camshaft sensors and the codes reapeared

The last 2 point at oxygen sensors i believe.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
2010's were prone to water intrusion. This caused corrosion and poor electrical connections, usually in the area of the fuse box. This can trigger the CEL for a variety of reasons.

Most check engine codes have a list of causes. You cannot immediately assume the sensor referenced by the code is the point of failure.

How many miles on your vehicle? I agree with @rbarrios, based on the codes you posted, I would lean towards failing timing chains.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts