GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I have a 2010 Acadia that ran fine until I pulled into the driveway after a trip and it stalled. Tried to start it back up and it cranked over but did not fire up. No dash warnings before or after. Plenty of battery, fuel pressure is good-pumps are humming normally before cranking. Fuses and relays are fine. Air filter is clean. Any ideas on what could cause it to just stall and no longer start?

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
What is the actual code?

I believe there are actually 4 sensors on the '10 engine, one for exhaust and one for intake for each bank.

Keep in mind it could be as simple as a sensor or it could be as dramatic as the engine jumping time. That is why I asked what codes you scanned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't want to ruin your Thanksgiving but P0008, P0009, P0016 and P0017 all at once tend to indicate an issue with the timing chains or tensioners.

Most likely not starting because the engine jumped time. I would not keep trying to start the engine.
Agree on that one, all those codes are all linked to the timing chains. To have bank 1 and bank 2 both pop isn't good. Only other slight possibility is you missing signal to/from you PCM for those sensors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts