GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new guy, so will probably get flamed until I figure everything out on the forum. This a general statement of my problems and cost to fix. 2010 Acadia AWD, 134K. Bought it with Service AWD light illuminated. Research suggested Differential Control Module was problem, easy fix. Wrong!!! took it to GMC dealer for full scan and found code P0017, 0073, and others. Dealer cleared obd and ran another scan. Same codes. Turns out I need timing Chains ($3500), and new catalytic converters ($1000). A bit of a shock but the car was so inexpensive and looked so good inside and out that I took a chance. Even considering the cost of repairs I'll come below KBB low retail value, I'll bite the bullet and go with the dealer fix for the warranty and experience. The whole point is : if possible take your car for a complete scan ($75 or $100) and KNOW what you're buying. I think you"ll save money in the long run. Flame on!!!

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Looks like you did OK. You're certainly finding out repairs aren't inexpensive. Even with a pre-purchase inspection "complete scan" of a car, though, it's possible something adverse could happen once the scanner is unplugged. That's when a warranty with the purchase comes in handy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just curious here:

1.) You bought this vehicle off a private party or used car dealer?

2.) It was advertised at $5,000 (or more?) below the low KBB retail price?

3.) What questions did you ask the seller, and what answers did you get?

Just wondering if you have any recourse here. That’s a big bill, but at least - if the seller was less than forthcoming - they priced it with that bill in mind ...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Just curious here:

1.) You bought this vehicle off a private party or used car dealer?

2.) It was advertised at $5,000 (or more?) below the low KBB retail price?

3.) What questions did you ask the seller, and what answers did you get?

Just wondering if you have any recourse here. That’s a big bill, but at least - if the seller was less than forthcoming - they priced it with that bill in mind ...
I'm betting it was an 'as is' sale and the buyer knew there were issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts