GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the radios and the build sheet information. Am I reading it wrong, or do they no longer have XM radio on the new radios?

Check here

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, I looked a little further into it. The window sticker on an 09 at a dealership says
TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION WITH
REARVIEW CAMERA DISPLAY AND
XM NAV TRAFFIC - NAV TRAFFIC
FEE EXTRA, 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.

So I guess they are still doing it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 2009's definitely have XM Radio. I have never had one before, and I still don't know how to use all of its features. It does seem pretty cool, and I look forward to playing around with it.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I got a PM from a member here & he asked about the 6 disk changer radio being no more for 2009. I verified this with the 8-1-08 2009 model option PDF I downloaded.

I suggested the 2008 changer radio would probably fit right in, but don't really know for sure since there are some changes such as Bluetooth. Anyone try this as yet?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep, it's true, I just got confirmation via phone from Jim Burke, the 6 disc in-dash CD changer is gooooooone for 09. Talk about cheap. Unfriggin believable! Once again, GM shows their tendency to refine their products to the dark ages. Does anyone out there have the 6 disc player after upgrading to the Nav they would like to sell me???? Sorry it sounds like I am pissed, it's just that I am and I need to vent!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what would be the reasoning behind this?? Anyone!!!???

·
Registered
912 Posts
bonk my guess is more and more people are going to MP3/iPod based music players for their car so GM felt the 6 disk changer was not an option MANY people would want I feel this is a good move the 6 disk is useless for most of the people I know. We all use our iPods or MP3 players and just use the PAL systems for our factory radios or just use the AUX input plug on teh front of the head unit.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess. :-\
I don't have an IPOD or MP3 player, I Probably only have 3 discs in the changer that I don't use much cause I have XM. But I like having the option.
I don't know seems like it would still be a sought after item. Oh well.

·
Registered
912 Posts
bonk1313 said:
I guess. :-\
I don't have an IPOD or MP3 player, I Probably only have 3 discs in the changer that I don't use much cause I have XM. But I like having the option.
I don't know seems like it would still be a sought after item. Oh well.
To be honest who truly knows but the iPod thing and MP3 thing are my educated guesses ;D.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not that it may be of much help, but the reduced cost, probably easily makes up for the cost of an iPod nano (or at least a shuffle).

I don't know if the Nav units have lost the 6 disc changer, but they are certainly cheaper in the 09 then the 08s. That being said, if they really cared, it would have iPod integration built in (not requiring a lock-pick).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just to chime back in, Jim had several reasons but it seemed to be "the company line" so to speak. He said they are going to the MP3 compatibility so you can just plug in your auxillary unit. I pointed out that the MP3 has been there from the beginning and they still offered the 6 disc and he said "well, I guess that's true." Then he tried saying GM had "clinics" which were designed to find out what is important the customers, but I find it strange that so many customers would say they don't want a 6 disc IN DASH changer as a standard equipement item. And then we got to the heart of the matter, when he said it came to dollars and cents. BUT he pointed out that I am getting the higher towing capacity and the DI engine and that deletions are just part of the auto industry. I do realize that from time to time, cuts have to be made, but I really was excited about the completeness of the Acadia package and now it just seems that they are chipping away at that....Please don't jump my for my thoughts, I will just have to buy and install a changer myself.... Anyone have one they don't need?

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you had NAV in 2007 or 08 models you never had the 6 disc changer, this was never an option, the NAV actually removed the 6 disc changer from the options. I would agree that the MP3 integration is probably more interesting to customers than having to carry around all your cd discs. With that said how come they have not come out with the PAL accessory yet, this would solve a lot of issues - or at least offer the hard drive option like on the Cadillac CTS, you can just plug in a USB key and play music off of that no need to connect your MP3 players.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand what your saying Johnway, but I have to agree with alpha on this one. The add some stuff, delete more stuff and raise the price. Kinda sucks!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I kind of forgot about raising the price thing - that is why they should have added something else (hard disk, USB drive or PAL) or just kept the option the same - it does have the look of GM just wanting to generate some more profit off of a successful vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
johnway said:
it does have the look of GM just wanting to generate some more profit off of a successful vehicle.
Talking about pinching pennies. They also removed the ACADIA badge of the side front doors. What did that save them, $3.00. OKAY, That was off topic,,,, sorry

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It is always about the $.

When you produce millions of vehicles, a $1 savings per vehicle is $1 million more towards profit. I recall reading about this process some time ago.

Alpha,
The changer should be fairly inexpensive. I had a 2003 Impala company car before I retired & had added a $200 Pioneer CD changer to it (radio had controls). I think I got $15 for it on ebay after about two years- it still worked perfectly. :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
I really want the factory in dash unit so I will have to look for one on here or somehow else.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You could always just add an aftermarket cd changer in the back. It can be hooked up to the factory radio and they normally hold around 10 discs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
After Jim mentioned that they are moving towards MP3 compatibility, I asked then why would they delete the DC outlet INSIDE the center console, which is the perfect place to plug in your MP3 player or laptop power source, but not now.... Thats when he just stopped with the company line and admitted it was cost related. Oh and about the deletion of the 2nd row flip down cupholders, he also said that "research" showed that people didn't like the possibility that the center armrest moved to the rearmost position would put it over top of any drinks that may be in the cupholders.....hmmmm. Whatever.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alphadog1 said:
 Thats when he just stopped with the company line and admitted it was cost related.  Oh and about the deletion of the 2nd row flip down cupholders, he also said that "research" showed that people didn't like the possibility that the center armrest moved to the rearmost position would put it over top of any drinks that may be in the cupholders.....hmmmm.  Whatever.
Then slide them back forward.... GOOD LORD :banghead:

Maybe that was a way to push people to ordering the DK1 2nd row console. If you want more cupholders you get it with 2nd row console.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts