GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard or found pricing for the 09 yet? I'm looking at ordering one soon and want to know how much the cooled seats will cost. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The dealers are able to order now for the '09s, but the pricing is not out yet. I ordered my '09 with the heated and cooled seats but I don't know what they cost yet. As soon as the prices are available, I will be posting it on the forum. My guess will be late June before they will be available.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When are you expecting your 2009 to be delivered to your dealership?

·
Registered
166 Posts
kcf said:
The dealers are able to order now for the '09s, but the pricing is not out yet. I ordered my '09 with the heated and cooled seats but I don't know what they cost yet. As soon as the prices are available, I will be posting it on the forum. My guess will be late June before they will be available.
Little do you know that it's a $15,000 option! :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
With the strike delay, I'm now expecting mine in late August or early September. BTW based on the cost of the Lucerne seats I'm thinking that the cooled seat addition to the standard heated seats will cost around $1,000 extra, worth it to me, as I live in Vegas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just ordered our Acadia two days ago :) and my dealer still had no pricing. We also got the cooled seats. Salt Lake is not as hot as Vegas but we get our fair share of triple digit days.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It looks like the cooled seats don't get activated via the remote start function on the Lucerne.... This might make it not worth the extra $$$ to me on the Acadia. I've already submitted my order but am thinking real hard about calling up my dealer in the next couple of days to see if I can change my order and drop the cooled seats option. Why in the world would it not be tied to the remote start just like the heated seats option is....? Perhaps they will do it right on the Acadia but just don't know for sure. :help:

·
Registered
533 Posts
bobafett said:
I just ordered our Acadia two days ago :) and my dealer still had no pricing. We also got the cooled seats. Salt Lake is not as hot as Vegas but we get our fair share of triple digit days.
Let me see if I'm reading you correctly. You're saying that you've ordered a vehicle and DO NOT KNOW the price? Wow, that's some faith. How can you even begin to assess whether or not you're paying a fair price? Granted, it's not going to be more than $48K, nor less than $30K, but how would you have confidence / assurance that the price is "fair" using some objective measure such as MSRP or ?? I'm still planning to order an '09, but I would hope to know what I'm signing-up for when I place the order and commit to spending the $$.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Let me see if I'm reading you correctly. You're saying that you've ordered a vehicle and DO NOT KNOW the price? Wow, that's some faith. How can you even begin to assess whether or not you're paying a fair price? Granted, it's not going to be more than $48K, nor less than $30K, but how would you have confidence / assurance that the price is "fair" using some objective measure such as MSRP or ?? I'm still planning to order an '09, but I would hope to know what I'm signing-up for when I place the order and commit to spending the $$.

Smooth <><[/color]
[/quote]

I don't know about the others, but I ordered my '09 at invoice and the dealership is showing me the "real" invoice. Of course it helps that I have a family member that works there. ;D So what ever the price is, I know I am getting a good deal. :thumb:

·
Registered
262 Posts
kcf said:

Smooth <><[/color]

I don't know about the others, but I ordered my '09 at invoice and the dealership is showing me the "real" invoice. Of course it helps that I have a family member that works there. ;D So what ever the price is, I know I am getting a good deal. :thumb:
Concur with kcf. I also negotiated a price relative to Invoice prior to placing the order ($300 over invoice to be exact in my case). It's not that big of deal to order without knowing the "final price" considering the Acadia will probably go up in price by the normal $500 bucks or so with each model year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Smooth, in response to your question about faith...Well I researched prices a great deal and read for hours on this forum (thanks everyone). Here is my deal: My good friend is a dealer. He buys 8-10 GMC's per year from the GMC dealer. He will give me invoice minus whatever rebates. He usually gets every rebate known to man because he does a lot of business with them. They don't tack on all the misc. "tire disposal fee" stuff for him either. His dock fee is $175, their is $500 or something. He adds his commission, which I don't even care the amount of I know him so well, and I get a car. He was told by the dealer the '09 should not be more than $500 more than the '08. For an '09 SLT-2 sunroof, heat/cool seat,HUD, tricoat paint he thinks it will be sub $40k. Even at 42k I feel I would be doing okay. The long and short of it is that I really trust this guy and if someone is going to make money off of me it ought to be him. And he will actually tell me how much he makes if I ask him. Faith? Well I DO live in Utah......

·
Registered
533 Posts
OK, now I see what perhaps was meant by "not knowing the price" when the order was placed. So you really do have a reference point, and a very good one (i.e. the Invoice!). So you're not ordering in the blind, and I would probably do the same, and would certainly place an order with a trusted friend w/o blinking an eye. I'll bet you're all really excited. Has anyone found out whether or not the recent strikes have resulted in delay of the start of '09 production?

Thx,

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Smooth said:
OK, now I see what perhaps was meant by "not knowing the price" when the order was placed. So you really do have a reference point, and a very good one (i.e. the Invoice!). So you're not ordering in the blind, and I would probably do the same, and would certainly place an order with a trusted friend w/o blinking an eye. I'll bet you're all really excited. Has anyone found out whether or not the recent strikes have resulted in delay of the start of '09 production?

Thx,

Smooth <><[/color]
I was told by buick customer service that they were starting production on June 16th, so unless something has changed they should be building them today.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was told by a dealer today that pricing on an 09 was going up 3.5% over last years MSRP. Anyone else heard this? I hope he isn't messing with me because I just bought an 08 SLT today that was more optioned than I wanted, but was the only white SLT with the options I did want that I could find in a 500 mile radius of here. Given the 3.5% increase and the fact there will likely be no incentives, the 09 would've cost me about $2300 more if this is correct. I hope I'm not going to get buyers remorse!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is true. Read below.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D91G09900.htm

Doodle said:
I was told by a dealer today that pricing on an 09 was going up 3.5% over last years MSRP. Anyone else heard this? I hope he isn't messing with me because I just bought an 08 SLT today that was more optioned than I wanted, but was the only white SLT with the options I did want that I could find in a 500 mile radius of here. Given the 3.5% increase and the fact there will likely be no incentives, the 09 would've cost me about $2300 more if this is correct. I hope I'm not going to get buyers remorse!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the article. It said something about 0% financing for trucks, SUV's, etc. I just asked the dealer today if they were offering 0% on Acadia's anytime soon and he said "no". So the article may refer to the Tahoes and Suburbans. If not I'm going to be mad! At least he wasn't lying about the 3.5%.

·
Registered
62 Posts
pktrkt said:
It is true. Read below.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D91G09900.htm

Doodle said:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry I messed up my first reply.
On the news they said 3 1/2 percent increase for the 2009's. Average $1000.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anybody have any knowledge about when 2009 pricing will be available??? I check w/ my dealer and he tells me "any day now." (Ya-Ya-Ya same old story) :banghead: I can't believe Acadia pricing is not yet available????? Thanks. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts