GMC Acadia Forum banner

2009 Owners: Does your voice input work properly?

• Yes- nav, Bluetooth, audio all OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes- nav and Bluetooth only

• Yes- Bluetooth and audio only

• Yes- nav and audio only

• No- none of the three

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a thread elsewhere here dealing with voice inputs not being recognized for the nav for some 2009 owners. In my experience, I am able to use BT and audio with no issues at all. My first problem with the nav was recording voice tags. To do so, I had to have the motor off and windows up (very quiet) and even this was a struggle. I do have the volume control up on it. While it did eventually accept the inputs, it has never recognized them when I try and use the voice nav function.

In the thread, the thread starter had a 2007 model, and the only complaints re: voice seem to be from 2009 owners. I'm trying to see how many other 2009 owners are experiencing this problem. So far there are four owners identified there.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE

We took the Acadia to our dealer today for the dash vent trim ring TSB. While there, I asked them to look at the nav voice recognition. After having it most of the day, the service manager told me GM's best guess was the high pressure fuel pump is causing EMI (electro magnetic interference as I explained to him since he didn't know what this meant). LOL I also had to explain our advanced 2 way remote was a factory piece and my car was a Challenger, not a Charger*. He said although the system is receiving the voice command, it is not processing it.

The solution? GM is still working on a software upgrade to fix it.

* Confidence is low. I say again, confidence is low. :)

EDIT
I just re-read my first post. The fuel pump excuse is BS, since the pump was not running when I was having problems with the motor off.

GM needs to either fix it ASAP or admit defeat and put a Chrysler MyGig in there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the same problem with mine. It's a 2009.

I only tried to set one voice tag as it took ten tries. Then after all that it doesnt even work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts