GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through my vehicle today while reading up on things in the owners manual and noticed that I do not have the 2 fold down cup holders on the back side of the front console that the manual (page 2-49) refers to and the 2008 we test drove had.

I understand that if you get the 2nd row console you don't get these, but I didn't get the 2nd row console and I think I got shorted.

Does your '09 have them????

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: 2009 owners - I need your help.........

Got your PM bseemore and finally found the time to go check and see. I too do not have those cup holders and also don't have the extra DC plug that I think the 08 Acadias have in the very bottom of the front console, underneath the coin tray.

Interesting deletions for the 09s....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Strange.

I read a link on the Enclave site and an '09 buyer noted the cup holders are not there because the Enclave he was thinking of buying had the 2nd row console. So I ***-u-med they would be there without the 2nd row console.

I can live without the 4th plug, but not getting those cup holders is a bummer.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

They got you for the $300 wheel credit and now this. :(

Loss of cupholders is a big thing for us as well, we always cycle "partials" to the center row seat cupholder in the Durango when we get new drinks somewhere.

So how tough does a retrofit look? :)

·
Registered
29 Posts

I just checked the printout that I got from my dealer and it's listed (2) rear cupholders. Standard equipment for a 2009 GMC Acadia SLT2. Better check with the dealer, hope it wasn't an oversight in production?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

There are cup holders in both of the rear doors, but I don't think that is what I expected. I haven't tried it yet, but I bet is is pretty hard to stick a big coffee in that holder vs. the front console type.

The design of the '09 console appears to be identical to the '08, so maybe it can be added if nothing else. I plan to contact my dealer &/or GM about this first thing on Monday and I will post what I find out.

·
Registered
262 Posts

One other minor thing new for the 09s is the fact that they moved the little sensor readout deal (that shows results from the back bumper sensors) to the passenger side of the roof vice the center. Someone on the Enclave forum just mentioned it and it jogged my memory that it was different.

My guess is they did that because folks realized that if you had the rear seat entertainment system in use, it would block the view of those three lights. Perhaps?

·
Registered
262 Posts

I just found another DC plug in the rear cargo area. Do the 08 Acadias have that one? I do have the rear cargo area audio controls so perhaps you only get the plug back there if you have that audio option?

On a different note, bseemore, did you get a cargo net with your Acadia? Aren't we supposed to get that with an SLT-2?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

I'd say no-go on the net unless you ordered VQR

Effective 6/30/2008, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
(VQR) Limited Promotion Option, Cargo Convenience Package, includes the following dealer-installed options: cargo net and cargo area shade cover, it is "A" on all equipment groups with a footnote 1 that reads "Not available for Fleet or Government order types" .

I couldn't find anything specific on the 12V outlet in the 2009 ordering guide.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

JonTon said:
I just found another DC plug in the rear cargo area. Do the 08 Acadias have that one? I do have the rear cargo area audio controls so perhaps you only get the plug back there if you have that audio option?
I have the DC plug in the rear cargo with no rear audio controls and mine is an '07. I can't imagine what I'd ever have to plug in back there.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Web Raven said:
JonTon said:
I have the DC plug in the rear cargo with no rear audio controls and mine is an '07. I can't imagine what I'd ever have to plug in back there.
Thanks Web. Maybe useful for tailgating, altough I'm trying to brainstorm on some example appliances and not having much luck. Perhaps your dogs could plug in their cell phones if you get them one...? 8)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

Web Raven said:
A low voltage neon sign "Queen of the Acadia Forum" for display on the rear of your royal coach springs to mind. :)

That way you can unplug it while GAR is in the lead ;D

·
Registered
395 Posts

A 12 Volt Tire Inflator for the rear wheels (or pool toys, etc.) could plug in the back. Not to mention IPods, video, etc. for the third row.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

JonTon said:

On a different note, bseemore, did you get a cargo net with your Acadia? Aren't we supposed to get that with an SLT-2?
I did get the net and the cover after asking my dealer where they were. If Blue is right, I guess I made out.

For $40k you'd think they could spare a few of these small items we are missing on the '09!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

I never heard if they gave you the $300 wheel credit that goes with the 19" package they were kind enough to get for you. If not, you're still a couple hundred in the hole!

·
Registered
262 Posts

bseemore said:
JonTon said:

I did get the net and the cover after asking my dealer where they were. If Blue is right, I guess I made out.

For $40k you'd think they could spare a few of these small items we are missing on the '09!!!!
Hmmm....I was thinking I was supposed to get that. I'll ask the dealer when I bring the Acadia in to get their opinion on how to fix the paint I chipped on the tailgate already. :mad: :mad: :mad: The garage door claims yet another victim!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I never heard if they gave you the $300 wheel credit that goes with the 19" package they were kind enough to get for you. If not, you're still a couple hundred in the hole!
I got that credit plus mats and the cargo net/cover. I think I did ok all in all, but rebates would have really been the cherry. :(

Paid more than I wanted to for the wheels, but I have to say it again.....the 19's really look great and I couldn't happier with those and the SGM paint color.

·
Registered
156 Posts

So let me see if I got this right. The 2007 & 2008 Acadia's also had a DC outlet down inside the center console where it made a lot of sense, so your extra phone or whatever could be out of sight, but now for 2009 it has been deleted. Well that sucks. How about the one on the back side of the console, under the radio knobs, is that one still there? Also, did any one find out if the pull out cup holder assembly can be installed where the blank cover is at the bottom/back of the arm rest? I am getting ready to order my 2009, SLT1, White Diamond Tricoat, Brick interior, but I am waiting for word for the stronger hitch/receiver which will increase the tow rating to 5200lbs. Randy Fox just e-mailed me back that it may be mid September, but I want concrete word before I order. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
912 Posts

Web Raven said:
JonTon said:
We have the rear DC plug in our montana and it is wonderfull for traveling with our electric cooler just plug it in back there and no running a power cord through the back seats to a foreward compartment plug. I hope the 09 SLE has it I never even thought to ask about that when we ordered ours.

·
Registered
912 Posts

bseemore said:
JonTon said:

Hmm I would be extatic with an SLT2 for 40K I paid 45999 for our SLE up here an SLT2 is pushing over 50 without taxes etc.

I just did a build your own for an 08 and here is what it priced out at up here without taxes and just destination. Keep in mind you then have to add 13% sales tax to this number.

2008 GMC Acadia SLT $42,885
1SC Package $3,995

Colours & Wheels Change
Exterior: Red Jewel Tintcoat $515
Interior: Ebony w/Leather Appointed Seats $0
Seats: 7 Passenger Seat Configurator Seating Incl.
Wheels: 19" x 7.5" Machined Aluminum (4) Incl.

Selected Options Change
Engine: 3.6L SFI V6 Variable Valve Timing Incl.
Transmission: 6 Speed Electronic Automatic Incl.
GVWR: 2,908 kgs (6,411 lbs) Incl.
3.16 Axle Ratio Incl.
Bose Premium 10-Speaker Audio System Incl.
XM Satellite Radio Incl.
SLT2 Model Option Incl.
Hex Fixed Antenna Incl.
Power Liftgate Incl.
Power OSRV Mirror w/Turn Signal/Power Fold Incl.
Remote Start Incl.
Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System Incl.
Driver/Passenger Express Up/Down w/Rear Disable Incl.
Tires: P255/60R19 AS BW (4) Incl.
Cargo Convenience Net Incl.
Rear Cargo Shade Incl.
110 Volt 3 Prong Power Outlet Incl.
Ultrasonic Rear Parking Aid Incl.
Heavy-Duty Trailering Equipment $550
Transmission Cooler Incl.
HID Projector Low Beam Headlamps $650
2 Panel Power Sunroof $1,685
Heads Up Display $475
Radio: AM/FM/MP3/CD/DVD Player/DVD-Navigation/XM $4,970
Rear View Camera System Incl.