GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me see if I got this right. The 2007 & 2008 Acadia's also had a DC outlet down inside the center console where it made a lot of sense, so your extra phone or whatever could be out of sight, but now for 2009 it has been deleted. Well that sucks. How about the one on the back side of the console, under the radio knobs, is that one still there? Also, did any one find out if the pull out cup holder assembly can be installed where the blank cover is at the bottom/back of the arm rest? I am getting ready to order my 2009, SLT1, White Diamond Tricoat, Brick interior, but I am waiting for word for the stronger hitch/receiver which will increase the tow rating to 5200lbs. Randy Fox just e-mailed me back that it may be mid September, but I want concrete word before I order. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There are AC & DC plugs on the back of the front console in my '09 SLT-2. Also DC in the front dash to the bottom right of the navi/HVAC controls as well as in the very back behind the 3rd row on the driver's side.

As for the cup holders - Randy Fox said not to try it, but the back of the '08 and '09 center consoles look identical. My dealer said they could try it, but that can't say it would work for sure. I plan to have them try it when I get an advance remote and PAL installed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Beesmore. So if I remember right when I went to the dealer and looked at an 08' there was one (DC) inside the center console, but has that one been deleted from the 09', in addition to the cupholders? I thought that one in the console was especially useful.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Some of the deletions on the 09s have got me worried about GM's future direction. They worked really hard and came a long way to pull themselves out of the "save a nickle here, earn millions there" mentality that got the Cavalier, Sunfire and Camaro the rubbermaid reputations they have today. Deleting some of the nice features and simple luxuries without an obvious payoff is... unsettling.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You're right. It doesn't make sense for me to kill an hour going to the dealer to inspect a 2008 to see if cup holders can be retro-fitted into my '09 and then consider paying $85 for the part that the service department "might" be able to fit on my car.

How backwards is that??? Please, charge me $100 more on the $40k + freaking car from the factory and do it right for Christ sakes. Oh, and don't EVEN get me going on the $hitty low range remote and the "upgraded" advanced remote you can get added for $$$. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Hey GM - If I wanted a Yugo, I would have bought 5 of them. :mad:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bseemore, you have an 09' right? So is the DC plug down inside the console gone? And the one on the back of the console is still there, right?

·
Registered
195 Posts
alphadog1 said:
bseemore, you have an 09' right? So is the DC plug down inside the console gone? And the one on the back of the console is still there, right?
The answer is yes, yes & yes, but see my post a few posts down.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, This kind of crap is what got the Big 3 in trouble. I mean those cupholders and that DC plug were nice touches. But noooooo, we can't have that now, can we? I'm pissed because I am looking forward to ordering my 09', but thanks to GM it will be a little LESS sweeter now. What a bunch of cheapskates they are! Friggin beancounters.

·
Registered
195 Posts
alphadog1 said:
Yeah, This kind of crap is what got the Big 3 in trouble. I mean those cupholders and that DC plug were nice touches. But noooooo, we can't have that now, can we? I'm pissed because I am looking forward to ordering my 09', but thanks to GM it will be a little LESS sweeter now. What a bunch of cheapskates they are! Friggin beancounters[/color].
Hey, I ressemble that remark!!!! ;D

·
Registered
381 Posts
alphadog1 said:
Yeah, This kind of crap is what got the Big 3 in trouble. I mean those cupholders and that DC plug were nice touches. But noooooo, we can't have that now, can we? I'm pissed because I am looking forward to ordering my 09', but thanks to GM it will be a little LESS sweeter now. What a bunch of cheapskates they are! Friggin beancounters.
Ahh..we are talking about cupholders and DC plug right?...

Everything is relative...if there had been an audible tone for placing the butt on the seat, and it was missing later, people would be beaaatching about the "loss of options" and the big 3 going down the tube...but I guess, that would be ludicrous...since it's not in the same league as a cupholder...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Posted by: bseemore .... Please, charge me $100 more on the $40k + freaking car from the factory and do it right for Christ sakes. Oh, and don't EVEN get me going on the $hitty low range remote and the "upgraded" advanced remote you can get added for $$$.

I agree! whats another 100 bucks when you're buying a car. This remote has the shortest range of any I've ever owned, wish I had know about ordering the advanced one from the factory.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What about the remote? How far away can you be? I mean it is pointless if you can't just stand in your house and turn the thing on, on a freezing winter day!!! How much money is this advanced remote? and what does it offer?
I have not gotten my 08 yet, but I went to the dealer to visit it. I looked at the cup holders you guys are talking about and the outlet. Stupid of them to get rid of it. Even the dealer thought it was ludicrous!!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I find the standard remote always starts my car from within the house to my driveway. When at work, if I park at the far end of the lot (about 50 yards away), then I need to play with it from the office window for awhile before it works. This is definitely not he worst remote I have had. Both the 2001 Montana and the 1997 Grand Prix had significantly worse range than my 2008 Acadia.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey gang, for what it's worth to those thinking of an 09' (like me!), Don Willems is just going to do a little nosing around on that cupholder and DC outlet deletion that occurred. Also, I called the dealer and you can buy the DC outlet, and trim ring from the dealer for about 20 bucks, so that's not bad, but I wonder what the install on that baby would cost. Any ideas out there...I am thinking of just buying it and having it installed after the purchase, cause I really thought it was a great idea all along to have that extra outlet down INSIDE that center console to hide away the mp3 player or extra cell phone or heck even the laptop plug and converter. It was just such a stupid deletion, ya know? :'(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey gang,
I forgot to tell you all in my review of our 09'. The front center console has been re-molded and the blank that was up in place of the rear flip down cup holders, is now gone, and its smooth. In other words, unlike the early 09' which had a blank panel where the cup holder was, there is no blank there anymore and no seams. Therefore, no cup holder can be added. But I am not obsessing about it, I just wanted to pass that on. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Members of the Enclave forum have been also trying to get info on installing the 12V outlet in the front console to no avail.
Another agreement, my 09s back on the front console is also smooth, no removable panel. I am using the entire bottom of the front console for CD storage. Bought a Wolf console for the second row and it has two cup holders in the front of it so don't miss the old ones.
BD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts