GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Haven't posted in awhile. Was wondering if anyone knows when we might get reliable information about the 2009 models. Has anyone seen photos of the 09s? Planning on buying either a 2008 or 2009 model. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
You can go here sometime around the middle of April to find detailed ordering information on the 2009 models: http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm

The only stuff that has been released so far for the '09 Lambdas is on the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse: http://www.traverseforum.com/

Expect the direct injection 3.6L to be carried across all the Lambda vehicles: Acadia, Enclave, Outlook in addition to the Traverse. Other than that, there's not much official info out there yet regarding any changes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. If I hear anything, I'll post it here. I'm mainly concerned about any changes to the interior, especially the dash and center radio stack. I had read there was a rumor that might change a little from the 08.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had heard from a knowledgable source that a V8 ( Cadillac based) was coming, apparently in response to concerns of these vehicles being too slow. I have test drove 2 Enclaves & 1 Acadia and thought they drove quite well considering how big they are.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard that as well. I was told that there might be a Denali version and that would have the V8. But still, nothing but rumors on that, nothing concrete.

·
Registered
284 Posts
No V8, just the Direct Injection 3.6L standard across the board.

And no design changes inside or out, at least not expected, just new features. Bluetooth, optional cooled seats (with heat too) on SLT's, backup camera without Nav, and some other minor things.

The full information on this and the colors and any other changes will be out in mid April and the 2009 ordering will start at the end of April, with production in June.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
caddycruiser said:
And no design changes inside or out, at least not expected, just new features. Bluetooth, optional cooled seats (with heat too) on SLT's, backup camera without Nav, and some other minor things.
Sure would like to retrofit mine with the rear-view mirror display backup camera when it comes out. Wonder what that would cost.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, I guess that means if I still wanted to order an 08, I would have to do so before mid-April? If I remember correctly, last year, you couldn't get an 08 until late summer? Seems like they have moved up the process.

·
Registered
70 Posts
skyhawk said:
Wow, I guess that means if I still wanted to order an 08, I would have to do so before mid-April? If I remember correctly, last year, you couldn't get an 08 until late summer? Seems like they have moved up the process.
april 4th is the last day for an '08 order

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for info. I was hoping to see photos of the 09 first just to make sure. Do you think the dealerships know anything concrete or would have photos of the interior?

·
Registered
487 Posts
skyhawk said:
Thanks for info. I was hoping to see photos of the 09 first just to make sure. Do you think the dealerships know anything concrete or would have photos of the interior?
I talked to my dealer last week and he said he wouldn't know anything until mid April at the earliest.

·
Registered
284 Posts
skyhawk said:
No, dealers won't know much of anything until everyone online does--GM puts the ordering guides up on a website, and all the '09 information will be posted in about another 2 weeks. All colors, design changes, options, etc. will be known.

Nothing is really expected to change with the interior or exterior, aside from maybe a trim piece here or there, but more so just the usual color changes, new Direct Injection engine, and a few new options--all of which have already been talked about here.

Again, we'll know when it's posted in a couple of weeks online:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.