GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are terminally anal and have nothing better to do with their day(like myself :p), GM Powertrain has posted all the information for their 2009 models: http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/product_services/2009/09truck.htm.

Here's an example of just how varied a single engine can be in different vehicles:

2009 GM 3.6L V-6 VVT DI ( LLT )

Applications: Horsepower: hp ( kw )
Cadillac CTS 304 hp ( 227 kw ) @ 6400 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Cadillac STS 302 hp ( 225 kw ) @ 6300 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Saturn Outlook ( with dual exhaust ) 288 hp ( 215 kW ) @ 6300 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Saturn Outlook ( with single exhaust ) 281 hp ( 210 kW ) @ 6300 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
GMC Acadia ( with dual exhaust ) 288 hp ( 215 kW ) @ 6300 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Buick Enclave ( with dual exhaust ) 288 hp ( 215 kW ) @ 6300 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Chevrolet Traverse ( with dual exhaust ) 288 hp ( 215 kW ) @ 6300 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Chevrolet Traverse ( with single exhaust ) 281 hp ( 210 kW ) @ 6300 rpm SAE CERTIFIED

Applications: Torque: lb-ft. ( Nm )
Cadillac CTS 273 lb-ft ( 370 Nm ) @ 5200 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Cadillac STS 272 lb-ft ( 369 Nm ) @ 5200 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Saturn Outlook ( with dual exhaust ) 270 lb-ft ( 366 Nm ) @ 3400 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Saturn Outlook ( with single exhaust ) 266 lb-ft ( 361 Nm ) @ 3400 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
GMC Acadia ( with dual exhaust ) 270 lb-ft ( 366 Nm ) @ 3400 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Buick Enclave ( with dual exhaust ) 270 lb-ft ( 366 Nm ) @ 3400 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Chevrolet Traverse ( with dual exhaust ) 270 lb-ft ( 366 Nm ) @ 3400 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Chevrolet Traverse ( with single exhaust ) 266 lb-ft ( 361 Nm ) @ 3400 rpm SAE CERTIFIED

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah, GeoHawk,
I think that I may just be coming up to that threshold (especially since I have been reading this forum and waiting on my newly ordered 2009 AWD SLT-2). ??? ;D
I never knew I could become this obsessed with, of all things, an automobile. I find myself reading this forum from wherever I can get on-line (even while we were on vacation in Florida). :sosad: ;)

Anyway, thanks for the information. ;D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Me too. I sure hope the wait is worth it!!!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Great post :thumb:
I find myself checking in here way TOO often :eek:
Obsessed would also describe me ;)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
coloradoGM said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Looks like the same motor is going into the base and LT Celica, oops- I mean Camaro.
Where did Celica come from?
As the former owner of a '73 Toyota Celica ST, I see a lot more styling of that car vs. the beautiful '69 Camaro. I'm dyed in the wool so far as Chevys go (I have their motors in a Mazda, Toyota, Datsun, and BMW), but they dropped the ball on styling the new Camaro. Now with the gas crunch it sounds like they are trying to sell it as an economy car.

Funny how things go round (i.e. you can't reinvent the wheel)- the Corvair was an economy car in 1960, but by 1962, it had developed into a "sporty" car with a convertible option & turbo motor. This eventually led to the Mustang in '64.5/'65, which then led to the Camaro in '67. While you could always get a 6 cylinder in a Camaro, it has always been known as a muscle car. The Celica was Toyota's answer circa '71 to the long hood/short deck American pony car.

Semi-related, Dodge did an outstanding job on the new Challenger (with the exception of the 20" wheel option). If I were to buy a 2009-2010 muscle car, I would certainly buy one of those vs the new Camaro on looks alone. Plus, a Hemi R/T is priced about he same as an Acadia, just not as practical :).

Couldn't get exactly the same angle, but I think these show the similarities:

Celica

Camaro

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't see the similarity but each has their own opinion. I love the new Camaro and plan to buy one as soon as my Acadia is paid off. I don't like the fact that they are selling it as an economy car. But it does have a kick *** V6 that gets 26 MPG, way better than a "Crapstang".

·
Registered
347 Posts
:hijacked: Did I misunderstand something, or is it just my imagination?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Think of it as a segue... we were still talking about the same motor, just got distracted by some sheetmatal & (IMO) attempted retro styling.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well, for what it's worth, I used to be the proud owner of a 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T 340 when it was brand new (I guess you can deduce from that my approximately age). At any rate, I'm sorry I ended up selling it to someone when it was only 10 years old (foolish me). :banghead:
So . . . what do I do? I end up going to the Chicago Auto Show in February and saw the "new" Dodge Challenger just being introduced, and fell in love! And wouldn't you know it . . . it's over 35 years too late! :eek:hno:

Oh, well. I still can fall in love with my Acadia when it finally arrives. ;)

Don't let me interrupt your conversation any longer. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
New Challenger= Good. Feel free to interrupt anytime about that.

I remember looking at them brand new in 1970 (not old enough to buy) with my dad- we ended up with a 318 CID Charger w/ a bench seat :(.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts