·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its up on dealerworld...

- 290 HP DI Engine standard
- Bluetooth available
- heated and cooled seats on the SLT2
- backup camera available w/o Nav (display in rearview mirror)

So basically all the Traverse stuff gets to the Acadia right away...but 290 HP is a little more than the 281 the Traverse has.

The link:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2009&regionID=1&divisionID=2

Click on PRINT BOOK
Pull down ACADIA under model
Click on PRINT MODEL ( it will not print, just opens in a new window)

Enjoy!! :)

EDIT: other Lambda tidbits:
Enclave - same upgrades as Acadia
Outlook - Bose now optional
- 19" wheels standard on XR, 20" optional
- DI engine 285HP, XE: 290HP, XR
- NO cooled seats or backup camera in mirror

·
Registered
659 Posts
BerettaZ said:
Its up on dealerworld...

- Bluetooth available

So basically all the Traverse stuff gets to the Acadia right away...but 290 HP is a little more than the 281 the Traverse has.
Interesting, still only 251 lb-ft of torque though which is exactly the same as the current engine. I would wager that in the real world its not likely to feel much different. It will likely turn a track test like 0-60, or the 1/4 mile a hair faster when each shift is taken to the redline (where the extra HP is), but in everyday driving around on midrange torque, the resources look about the same. Seems the real advantage of the direct injection will be in fuel mileage as opposed to everyday performance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GerryL said:
BerettaZ said:
Its up on dealerworld...

- Bluetooth available

Interesting, still only 251 lb-ft of torque though which is exactly the same as the current engine. I would wager that in the real world its not likely to feel much different. It will likely turn a track test like 0-60, or the 1/4 mile a hair faster when each shift is taken to the redline (where the extra HP is), but in everyday driving around on midrange torque, the resources look about the same. Seems the real advantage of the direct injection will be in fuel mileage as opposed to everyday performance.
Agreed. At this point though, I'll take the increase in MPG :thumb:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice find Beretta. If I read the color choices correctly, the Blue Gold is not going to be offered anymore.... :-[
But they have a couple more colors out there too. Quicksilver Metallic and Silver Green Metallic.

Really excited about the bluetooth and rearview mirror cam.

I had been wondering if the towing capacity was going to change with the new engine but that is not the case. Should've figured since its still a V6 afterall.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JonTon said:
Nice find Beretta. If I read the color choices correctly, the Blue Gold is not going to be offered anymore.... :-[
But they have a couple more colors out there too. Quicksilver Metallic and Silver Green Metallic.

Really excited about the bluetooth and rearview mirror cam.

I had been wondering if the towing capacity was going to change with the new engine but that is not the case. Should've figured since its still a V6 afterall.
Yeah, looks like Quicksilver replaces Liquid Silver, and Silver green replaces Blue Gold :mad: That stinks.

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JonTon said:
You can see the new colors here by clicking on their links on this website. There is also some other useful info their too.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/newfeatures.jsp?year=2009&regionID=1&divisionID=2&vehicleID=6650

Looks like the 6-disc in-dash changer is no longer available. Also to get the HUD you have to get the rear audio controls as they are packaged together. XM NAV Traffic will be available (with subscription).
Thanks, thats much easier to read!

·
Registered
262 Posts
loach said:
Still no beige interior....
Nope. :-\ But if I'm not mistaken there is a perforated leather option...? I think that is new. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well I get the main item I've been looking forward to,
SIDI engine :thumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would love to get an 09 Acadia, but still no tan cloth interior and you can't get a sunroof with cloth seats! Too bad. I like the styling of the Acadia, but it looks like if I want a Lambda vehicle with tan cloth and a sunroof, I'll have to go for the Traveerse, Outlook, or Enclave. :banghead:

·
Registered
487 Posts
The one day I don't check they put it up :p. Anyways thanks for letting us know they posted it. Looks like that cements my decision on the '09 now we'll just see when we can place orders and get pricing.

·
Registered
381 Posts
So ah...when can we start looking for the BT (UPF) from the GM parts department?

Same goes for XM NavTraffic (UBS)...

Oops, I almost missed the "Extended range" keyless entry (AP8)...

I plan on getting all of these...if possible...for my '08 Acadia

Since both (UPF, UBS) are listed separate from the main units (Onstar and XM Radio) it's looking good as upgradeable options for 07-08 models.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Although it only has 251lb/ft of torque it may come a lot earlier, that would make a big difference. Also the extra HP should help on the highway and keep it from down shifting.
Also to answer the question about gas requirements, if it is like the CTS you can run it on regular but it drops a few horsepower due to the timing being retarded to stop engine ping. My guess is this engine will do the same thing, in Colorado if the manual says run Mid grade we can run regular because of the elevation. The basic formula is for every 1000 feet above sea level you can drop 1 octane. Just my .02

·
Registered
659 Posts
coloradoGM said:
Although it only has 251lb/ft of torque it may come a lot earlier, that would make a big difference. Also the extra HP should help on the highway and keep it from down shifting.
Also to answer the question about gas requirements, if it is like the CTS you can run it on regular but it drops a few horsepower due to the timing being retarded to stop engine ping. My guess is this engine will do the same thing, in Colorado if the manual says run Mid grade we can run regular because of the elevation. The basic formula is for every 1000 feet above sea level you can drop 1 octane. Just my .02
In the CTS direct injected version the torque peak comes later at 5200 RPM, as compared to the standard engines peak at 3100. The dealer guide indicates the torque peak for the new Acadia engine is 251 pounds at 3200 RPM, same as the current engine. Considering that these things are turning only about 2000 RPM at highway speed I don't see the extra hp being a factor at all in highway driving as it is clearly found in the upper RPM ranges. The part I don't understand is that in the CTS the DI engine does make 20 more pounds of torque, and I'm surprised to see this DI engine here with a number exactly the same as the non DI version.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice of auto manufacturers provided dyno plots of HP and TQ?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.