GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all of my smart forum friends. I'm trying to get some enthusiasm going and place an order. I haven't read any convincing data re: a start of production for the 09's, other than what some dealers are saying. The date used to be June 16, 08 - for a long time - until the strike. Are there any more "official" dates being shared - any concensus on a date? I'm not too interested in placing an order against an indefinate build.

Cheers & thanks,

Smooth <><

finally some clean air in Santa Barbara / Goleta ![/color]

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
July 21st is the date on GM's most recent Order Management Report for startup on the 2009 Acadias, Enclaves, and Outlooks. It was originally June 16th until the strike pushed everything back.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GeoHawk said:
July 21st is the date on GM's most recent Order Management Report for startup on the 2009 Acadias, ...
Thanks Geo - I guess that means that I've got to get serious and just get going, right? It's only money, anway[/color] ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: 2009 Build Dates / Start of Production

My 2009 is scheduled to be built the week of July 21.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

MKA said:
Any updates? How did you do this? I have been in contact with many SE USA dealers over the past couple of days & they all have said they can't get pricing. Apparently none have ordered any Acadias yet.

·
Registered
487 Posts

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
MKA said:
Any updates? How did you do this? I have been in contact with many SE USA dealers over the past couple of days & they all have said they can't get pricing. Apparently none have ordered any Acadias yet.
My dealer doesn't have pricing either but was able to place an order and it has been accepted by GM. No build date yet but hopefully I will have it next week.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine is scheduled to built this Friday 7/25/08. Althought my dealer doesn't have pricing, we agreed on $100 over invoice.

With lost rebates on the 2008 I cancelled due to the strike and the year to year price increase, I am going to be paying ~ $2500 more out the door based on CARS.com invoice pricing. But I will get cooled seats, blue tooth, a better engine (so I hear) mated with the tranny and a year less depreciation (for what that's worth).

Back in May when I cancelled my 2008 order and decided to order a 2009 I said to myself - Self, what the hell, you can't take it with you. Better me and the little woman ride in comfort now than my kid when we kick it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know they say 6-8 weeks to build, but is that from "build date", or is that from when your build date is? So, if your build date is Friday, when should you expect delivery? I ask, because we need our car before the end of September. We don't want to order blindly (without prices AT THE Dealer), but worried that not doing so would mean not getting a 2009 in time.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Thoughts? I think this whole process is really screwed up.

GM is building vehicles as we type. Yet 99% of the dealers apparently "don't have pricing". Was this the case last year at this time with the then new 2008 models? I can see if this was the new 6000SUX that has never been made before, but come on, they have been building Acadias for two years now!

To answer your questions, the only way I see having one in that time frame at a decent price is to find a dealer that has allocations & placing an order at invoice. Thus far, I have only found one, Hennessy of Southlake in Atlanta, that will do so. They of course can't value our trade in until delivery, and since they are a couple hundred miles away it is not practical to drive to & from them several times. All the dealers I have talked to have said the 6-8 weeks is from ordering, not start of building. Most think it will be days to weeks until they have pricing.

·
Registered
487 Posts
cnr1089 said:
I know they say 6-8 weeks to build, but is that from "build date", or is that from when your build date is? So, if your build date is Friday, when should you expect delivery? I ask, because we need our car before the end of September. We don't want to order blindly (without prices AT THE Dealer), but worried that not doing so would mean not getting a 2009 in time.

Thoughts?
You are probably already pushing the end of September is you order today. I haven't gotten a build date yet, but my dealer thinks it will be mid September when I take delivery.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
GM is building vehicles as we type. Yet 99% of the dealers apparently "don't have pricing". Was this the case last year at this time with the then new 2008 models? I can see if this was the new 6000SUX that has never been made before, but come on, they have been building Acadias for two years now!
I had already taken delivery of my '08 and been driving it for two weeks at this time last year. Of course, there was no strike in Spring '07 delaying the production of '08s. There were also no major changes to equipment between '07 and '08.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My dealer placed the '09 order as soon as he could, but I don't know when that day was. At any rate, he told me that my 7/25/08 build date Acadia should be delivered to me no later than the end of the 1st full week of August 2008.

I have to tell you that when I heard the expected delivery date, my first reaction was that I was going to be getting a vehicle so early in the production process that there would be a lot of "bugs" that will need to be worked out. He assured me, as any $ale$man would, that they have been making these vehicle long enough, and with minimal changes (engine, minimal I ask?) being made to the '09, they better have the bugs worked out of the system by now. We shall see. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
bseemore said:
My dealer placed the '09 order as soon as he could, but I don't know when that day was. At any rate, he told me that my 7/25/08 build date Acadia should be delivered to me no later than the end of the 1st full week of August 2008.

I'm curious---what date did you buy/order your car from your dealer???? I bought/ordered mine on 6-12-08 and all I hear from my dealer is "it's on order." Can't get any date from him... ::)

·
Registered
195 Posts
He placed the order without my knowledge, so I'm not sure of the order date. I'm not so naive not to think that he could just be $tringing me along with the early August date so that I would not go out and buy a 2009 Pilot ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
We placed our order in june about two weeks after dealer got letter saying it will be build on august 14 that is finished and than another 4 weeks for dealivery i am here in newfoundland,canada so that should be about right 4 weeks for delivey hopefully it will be sooner

·
Registered
117 Posts
Finally :thumb:--Got a call from my GMC dealer who told me my Acadia's "Order Status Code" is: 3000 (Accepted by Production Control--Order input into the production system). Looks like things are finally moving (I hope). :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
BiggieBoy said:
Finally :thumb:--Got a call from my GMC dealer who told me my Acadia's "Order Status Code is:" 3000 (Accepted by Production Control--Order input into the production system). Looks like things are finally moving (I hope). :cheers:
Sweet. I hope things move right along for you. I got a call from my dealer today as well stating that my 2009 is "scheduled" to be delivered to him Tuesday of next week. I'm not holding my breath just yet......but it sounds promising :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
sshippee, that may well make you the first member with an '09 in their possession! Keep us posted.

I did the math, you ordered on 6-5-08 and if delivered on Tuesday 8-5, that is exactly 2 months. Seeing as how production began 7-21, this means yours was built & delivered in about 15 calendar days, allowing a day for delivery.

Good news for the rest of us if what the dealer said is true.

:bs: Would you buy a used car from me? Our prices are so low that NO NEGOTIATION IS NECESSARY! :bs:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Blue - I pick my 2009 up tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
bseemore said:
Blue - I pick my 2009 up tonight.
That seems oddly and ridiculously quick to me. And that it arrived with the wrong wheels. Are you sure it's the one you ordered and not just one they found that matched what you were looking for except for the 18" wheels? Are you sure that all of the other options are correct?

Don't they give you a VIN ahead of time during the ordering process? Then you could at least match that up to the vehicle when it arrives to ensure that it is the correct one.

I'm really shady on this whole process of special ordering a vehicle. LOL

1 - 20 of 58 Posts