GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,

I have a new '09 with factory bluetooth. I installed a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT. The bluetooth sounds terrible. We have tried moving the mic to several different areas to no avail. Is there a way to still use the factory BT?? What will it take to be able to use the onstar mic....Thanks in advance!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I have the same radio in my Daytona, so I'll start with figuring you are using the supplied microphone that came with the radio? I have mine mounted in the dome light and it works fairly well.

To clarify the problem:
A) You can hear others, they can't hear you, or
B) You can't hear others, they can hear you, or
C) You can't hear others nor can they hear you

The factory Bluetooth as far as I know is incorporated in the radio itself, so this should not be a factor with the Pioneer. As far as interfacing with the factory mic, I doubt that will be feasible since the wiring diagrams have not been released by GM yet.

A couple possible problems:
Is the phone getting good cell signal? We often are in the sticks and the phone tends to not work so well (reflected via the BT) in these areas. I keep it on the dash and this helps the signal.

Is your phone compatible with the unit? On our GM factory radio, we had a compatibility issue & had to change phones- we could not hear incoming calls but they could hear us (B above). You would need to verify w/ Pioneer that phone is compatible.

Is the mic working properly? It should have a 1/8 mini-plug on the end. Try plugging it into a tape recorder and test to see if it is picking up OK.

Hope this helps- that radio is great in concept, but fails in execution in my experience- long start up (with firmware upgrade) and too many sluggish touch controls. The iPod interface also failed on it last week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...I use a Blackberry Storm. I had a Pioneer AVIC-D3 in my 08 Acadia and it worked great! The phone connects fine, transferred all of my contacts easy, and sounds great in the car. The issue is the callers trying to hear me. I get complaints of static, sounds like I am far away, like I'm on a motorcycle, etc..I have tried to move the mic in lots of different spots all to no avail..When I use the hands free phone through Onstar, they say it's 100% better...I am contemplating finding an OEM 09 nav on ebay and installing it...Thoughts???

Thanks in advance!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I think if you test the mic w/ a recorder this will at least eliminate it as a problem since you have specified it is outgoing audio that is the problem. From what I've read, Pioneer will usually stand behind the unit if it was purchased from an authorized retailer. Worst case, but for the money everything should work.

The factory nav should be no problem to bolt/plug in as far as most of the plugs. You would of course have to add a GPS antenna, but I have seen these on ebay. The only possible difference I've read about here is that the green/white speed sensor wire may not be present (see the $3 switch sticky in this section for pics and discussion- one of our members has a 2008 SLE with retrofitted nav and reported the nav allows input while moving), but this has not prevented the owners from fully using the nav.

It may be difficult to source a used 2009 nav radio, otherwise you'll pay big $ for a new one unless you have a connection someplace. Also, there are two nav radios used for the 2009 MY, one (U3R) for use without the rear DVD and the other (UZR) for use w/ the rear DVD. GMpartsdirect.com may be able to provide part numbers for these so if you find a used one you'll know it is the right one.

Check out this thread:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5480.0

I may merge yours since they appear to be similar in many regards.

Member Tim has access to some parts information, you should PM him and see if you can get diagrams for the 2009 from him- this may help you with what you want to do one way or another.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the info guys! I am going to talk to the installer tomorrow and see if he can disable the "ATT" button on the steering wheel and return it back to factory setting and see if that allows me to start the factory Bluetooth...Ill keep everyone updated unless anyone has any better ideas...

Thanks again!

Scott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 2009 Bluetooth question***UPDATE***

Gang,

My installer found a module called a GMHTL that allows the factory Bluetooth work. It paired flawlessly and all of the voice commands work. It even uses the factory XM and the rear speakers will play a different channel then the front speakers. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts