GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not sure if its new or not but I like the look of the 20 in RV987, too bad I want 22s.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I like the heated seat option for us cloth owners. $399 seems like a decent price, how much was that option if you bought the package at time of purchase?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
imgntht said:
I like the heated seat option for us cloth owners. $399 seems like a decent price, how much was that option if you bought the package at time of purchase?
IM, let me know if you go ahead with installation and if electrical system is still functional. :) My wife would sure like it I'm sure. I'm just leary with electrical type aftermarket dealer installs, if you know what I mean. If I can get a hold of instructions to see what is involved, that would be nice. Maybe take a chance with dealer tech know how.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Since the BT option (UPF) and XM NavTraffic (UBS) are separate options from OnStar or XM Radio (or NAV for that matter), I am under the impression that both are ADD ON options - which will bode well for 07-08 owners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would also love to know how the Seat Heater install on the cloth works out? Anybody know of anyone who has put one of these in yet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Jake_99 said:
Finally, a hood deflector...
Does anyone here have pics of this installed?

·
Registered
125 Posts
It looks like the GM hood deflector covers the top chrome piece of the grill.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Traclavelook said:
Jake_99 said:
Finally, a hood deflector...
Does anyone here have pics of this installed?

I do not like how it blocks the chrome either.

·
Registered
284 Posts
teetertotter said:
imgntht said:
IM, let me know if you go ahead with installation and if electrical system is still functional. :) My wife would sure like it I'm sure. I'm just leary with electrical type aftermarket dealer installs, if you know what I mean. If I can get a hold of instructions to see what is involved, that would be nice. Maybe take a chance with dealer tech know how.
This is NOT aftermarket. All the wiring, etc. is the same regardless of whether a vehicle got these from the factory or not, and these kits straight from GM are just the rest of the pieces (buttons, heating elements, etc.) to add into seats that don't have it originally. The hardest part (and really not so, if they've done it before) is just unclipping and pulling the upholstery up.

They offer this accessory for a lot of vehicles, and that's all it is...the same OEM parts that go into the cars that get it from the factory. Just like the remote start accessory, if you didn't get it in the first place.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Jeff95TA said:
And still no PAL. :(
:ditto: it doesnt matter what they put in that **** brochure as long as they have it in stock --- wheres the PAL and the Advanced Key Fob? im growing grey hairs just waiting for them....

·
Registered
730 Posts
SioXie said:
:ditto: it doesnt matter what they put in that **** brochure as long as they have it in stock --- wheres the PAL and the Advanced Key Fob? im growing grey hairs just waiting for them....
:ditto: yeah where's that bloody Advanced Key Fob :angryfire:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but if I don't ask, I'll probably miss out on something cool if it ever comes out.

What exactly does the PAL do? I realize what it is, but do you need the NAV system to have the Personal Audio Link to have your Ipod play through your radio controls?

Also, what option does the ADVANCED key fob have that the standard one doesn't?

I would still love to hear if anyone has ordered/installed the heated seats for the cloth interior....

Thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
jaweichert said:
Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but if I don't ask, I'll probably miss out on something cool if it ever comes out.

What exactly does the PAL do? I realize what it is, but do you need the NAV system to have the Personal Audio Link to have your Ipod play through your radio controls?

Also, what option does the ADVANCED key fob have that the standard one doesn't?

I would still love to hear if anyone has ordered/installed the heated seats for the cloth interior....

Thanks!
You don't have to have the NAV to control your IPOD thru your radio using PAL. The advanced FOB is a 2-way system that gives you feedback that your car did start and other pieces of info right on the FOB (tire pressure, etc...). It also is supossed to have a dramatic increase in range.

·
Registered
166 Posts
kram -

WAY off topic, but love the sig. Think I've tried to kill it about half a dozen times! :banghead:

·
Registered
275 Posts
imgntht said:
That actually looks like one I might buy. Thanks for the link kanderna.

teetertotter said:
imgntht said:
Aftermarket and GM add-ons accs are totally different beasts. Aftermarket means cutting and sawing and taping and splicing, when usually, GM accessorries (or Dodge, Ford, Honda, etc) usually mean... :

caddycruiser said:
This is NOT aftermarket. All the wiring, etc. is the same regardless of whether a vehicle got these from the factory or not, and these kits straight from GM are just the rest of the pieces (buttons, heating elements, etc.) to add into seats that don't have it originally. The hardest part (and really not so, if they've done it before) is just unclipping and pulling the upholstery up.

They offer this accessory for a lot of vehicles, and that's all it is...the same OEM parts that go into the cars that get it from the factory. Just like the remote start accessory, if you didn't get it in the first place.
Bingo.

·
Registered
812 Posts
off topic ---> kram i almost smash my monitor coz of your awesome sig now wheres my insect spray? ;D ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts