GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's another thread or two, but here's a cleaned up version with colors and such.

Acadia
Deletions
(67U) Liquid Silver Metallic exterior color
(78U) Blue-Gold Metallic exterior color
(LY7) Engine, 3.6L Variable Valve Timing V6 MPFI (275 hp [205.1 kW] @ 6600 rpm, 251 lb-ft of torque [338.9 N-m] @ 3200 rpm)
(US9) AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible 6-disc in-dash CD changer

New Features
(17U) Quicksilver Metallic exterior color

(92U) Silver Green Metallic exterior color

(KB6) heated and cooled seats with perforated leather
(LLT) Engine, 3.6L SIDI V6 290 hp
(PDC) Technology Package, includes (UV6) heads-up display and (RCA) cargo area audio controls
(PCI) Visibility Package, includes (UD7) ultrasonic rear parking assist, (UVC) rearview camera system and (DD8) inside rearview mirror with rear camera display
(PCJ) Visibility and Directions Package, includes (UD7) ultrasonic rear parking assist, (UVC) rearview camera system, (TB5) power rear liftgate and (UZR) AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD/DVD player and DVD-based navigation or (U3R) AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player and DVD-based navigation
(UPF) Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)
(AP8) Extended range keyless entry - standard on all trim levels
(UBS) XM NavTraffic

Changes
Compass feature now included in Driver Information Center (DIC)
(PDD) Convenience Package, includes (BTV) remote start and (XA7) heated windshield

Highlights
Air bags, frontal and side-impact for driver and front passenger and head curtain side-impact for all rows in outboard seating positions
Air conditioning, tri-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and right-front passenger and second/third row controls for second and third row passengers
Audio system feature, Bose premium 10-speaker system with sub-woofer
Standard XM Satellite Radio
Touchscreen navigation radio with rearview camera display
Cargo Package, includes (RYJ) rear cargo shade and (AP9) rear cargo net
Dual SkyScape power sunroof
OnStar, 1-year of Directions & Connections Plan. Includes the innovative easy to use Turn-by-Turn Navigation services which provide voice-guided directions (where available). Also includes Automatic notification of Air Bag Deployment, Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, Emergency Services, Roadside Assistance, Remote Door Unlock, OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Hands-Free Calling, AccidentAssist and Remote Horn and Lights, Information and Convenience Services, and Driving Directions
Seating, 7-passenger (2-2-3 seating configuration), includes front row deluxe buckets, (AQ4) second-row captain's chairs with Smart Slide and third row flat-folding 60/40 bench seat
Seating, 8-passenger (2-3-3 seating configuration) includes front row deluxe buckets, second row 60/40 split flat-folding bench seat with Smart Slide and third row flat-folding 60/40 bench seat - available
Heated and cooled seats with perforated leather
Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
Engine, 3.6L SIDI V6 (290 hp)
Exhaust, double dual with chrome tips
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
StabiliTrak, stability control system
Transmission, 6-speed automatic, FWD/AWD

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...6650&type=0

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
[size=10pt][size=10pt](LLT) Engine, 3.6L SIDI V6 290 hp[/size][/size][/color]

That's What I'm Talking About ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I was looking at cadillac, and the DI version of the CTS is $2,300 more.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
290hp is better IF higher torque for quickness when required.

·
Registered
659 Posts
teetertotter said:
290hp is better IF higher torque for quickness when required.
Unfortunately the dealer guide indicates the torque is the same, 251 @ 3200rpm.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like the sound of the new seats.

·
Registered
533 Posts
caddycruiser said:
There's another thread or two, but here's a cleaned up version with colors and such.
Caddy - Thanks for the great link & info. I'm still drooling over the 09's. It would make my driveway look much nicer![/color] ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can't remember where I saw this, but the torque was bumped up to 255 lb-ft of torque.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So after looking at all that info on the website, is it safe to assume there wont be a Denali version? Or wouldnt that have been included in this information? I'm not altogether sure how it would be done, because I also looked at the '09 info for the Envoy, and there is no mention of Denali that I could see, so that means they dropped it from the Envoy?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Kirby said:
So after looking at all that info on the website, is it safe to assume there wont be a Denali version? Or wouldnt that have been included in this information? I'm not altogether sure how it would be done, because I also looked at the '09 info for the Envoy, and there is no mention of Denali that I could see, so that means they dropped it from the Envoy?
I'm surprised to hear that they are still going to be making the Envoy. I thought the Acadia was going to be the replacement for that model...

·
Registered
4 Posts
JonTon said:
I'm surprised to hear that they are still going to be making the Envoy. I thought the Acadia was going to be the replacement for that model...
Yeah I thought the 360 platform was done after '08 as well. And upon more reading of the Envoy pages, it does appear that the Denali is still an option. I just wish it would filter over to the Acadia!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wow, I don't know if this is great to read or just extremely depressing! ::) ;D

·
Registered
7 Posts
maybe I missed it, but what's with eliminating the 6 disc changer? Is it standard now? What audio system will be standard for SLE?

·
Registered
262 Posts
mmmaaa said:
maybe I missed it, but what's with eliminating the 6 disc changer? Is it standard now? What audio system will be standard for SLE?
I imagine that 6-disc changers will start disappearing all-together now that most CD players can play MP3s. Being able to store hundreds of songs on one disc coupled with IPOD integration becoming more prevelant makes the need for multiple discs obsolete. Heck, give it a couple more years and the CD player in general will become obsolete. Flash memory and hard drives are the wave of the future.

The SLE will more than likely just have a single CD player.

·
Registered
46 Posts
JonTon said:
I imagine that 6-disc changers will start disappearing all-together now that most CD players can play MP3s. Being able to store hundreds of songs on one disc coupled with IPOD integration becoming more prevelant makes the need for multiple discs obsolete.
Too bad the most songs you can put on a MP3 DVD is 200 -- well, you can put more on there (probably around 800-1200 depending on the bit rate and the song length) but the radio will only handle the first 200 -- or so it says in the owner's manual. I've only tried CDs so far (limited to 192 songs via the owner's manual -- why the difference?) and it's hard to fit a couple hundred on a CD anyway.

I WISH they'd release the iPAL thing. Sure, I could get the lockpick thing, but I'm waiting for the official product. I bought the extended warranty and I don't want to mess that up by hacking any of my components.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't believe the PAL device will be any better with memory...

I use the AXIPGMLAN from Scosche. It exhibits a similar limitation for displaying menu selections. I have yet to see it limit the number of songs that actually get played and/or displayed - but I haven't played 200 songs consecutively to find out. I have noticed that after about ~ 4-5 key removals, the NAV switches back to XM automatically (vs staying on the AXIPGMLAN). So, when I go back to one of my playlists, and play songs randomly, I rarely hear the same set of songs. It might be that each AXIPGMLAN activation saves a new set of 200 songs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jake_99 said:
I don't believe the PAL device will be any better with memory...
Right now I use the AUX port to play the iPod and use my standard playlist -- a dynamically created list of songs rated 3 or higher and that haven't been played for 4 months or more. This is my favorite playlist -- I'm always hearing stuff I like and haven't heard for a while (4 months!). The big improvement I'm looking for with the iPal is just displaying the song info on the screen. It would be nice if it switched on and off with the key too and kept going where it left off.

Other things I typically do are change ratings as I listen to a song (when I add new music I often just rate it all "3" and then downgrade songs I don't want to listen to much or promote songs I want to listen to on my "favorites" playlist) or maybe pick a different playlist. Sometimes though we'll be looking for a particular song, artist, or album and it would be nice if I could do all that through the onboard radio interface, wiithout having to be stopped somewhere. Generally such pursuits of music are exercised by the passenger anyway.

I guess with the way I have things now, it all works except one has to use the iPod directly to select play lists or particular songs. It doesn't care if we're moving or not, and I can even pass it to someone in the back seat to find a particular song. Hmm. Maybe less is more ???

·
Registered
381 Posts
The AXIPGMLAN also allows same capability (use IPOD manually) - although I've never found a need to hand the IPOD to the back to find a particular song...

Between using Aux port or integrated, I will always prefer integrated. AXIPGMLAN provides that now (vs waiting for PAL).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jake_99 said:
Between using Aux port or integrated, I will always prefer integrated. AXIPGMLAN provides that now (vs waiting for PAL).
How hard was it to hook up though. I'm guessing it is not exactly plug and play -- or did you have the dealership install it for you?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts