GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2009 acadia 3 weeks ago and drove to florida and back home about 3600 miles. I really like the acadia, I averaged 22 mpg. it is an all wheel drive with nav. I have a rattle in the firewall area at idle when stopped, sounds like it could be control cables vibrating. Just wandering if anyone else has had this problem and what the solution was. I hope they don't have to take the dash apart. thanks for any advise john

·
Registered
540 Posts
mls said:
I bought a 2009 acadia 3 weeks ago and drove to florida and back home about 3600 miles. I really like the acadia, I averaged 22 mpg. it is an all wheel drive with nav. I have a rattle in the firewall area at idle when stopped, sounds like it could be control cables vibrating. Just wandering if anyone else has had this problem and what the solution was. I hope they don't have to take the dash apart. thanks for any advise john
Did you check under the hood yet? Since the noise is at idle have someone sit in the Acadia while you check in the engine compartment. You may just find out whats making the noise and avoid a trip back to the dealer. Check out this link for some help with rattles
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4984.0

Bobby

1 - 2 of 2 Posts