GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my GM dealership install the optional DVD Headrest system in my 2009 GMC Acadia, I am very pleased with the installation and the system works great. Great when you have more than one child, they can each watch a different movie. When I "pipe" the audio through the speakers in the car it sounds like you are sitting in a movie th, the bose speakers sound awesome

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

The dealer gave me a great deal on this package, well worth the extra $$

·
Registered
6 Posts
BMWhitesel

I am also enjoying the new headrest players, or should I say the kids are...

If you get a chance could you run a quick test and see if you can "pipe" the audio from either monitor 'A' or 'B'. I am only able to turn on the FM transmitter from the 'A' monitor; the 'B' monitor will not play through to the radio. I just want to figure out if this is the way it is intended to operate or if I have a problem.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
29 Posts
BMWhitesel said:
I just had my GM dealership install the optional DVD Headrest system in my 2009 GMC Acadia, I am very pleased with the installation and the system works great. Great when you have more than one child, they can each watch a different movie. When I "pipe" the audio through the speakers in the car it sounds like you are sitting in a movie th, the bose speakers sound awesome

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

The dealer gave me a great deal on this package, well worth the extra $$
Can you tell me the name brand, is it GM or Audiovox?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
dearsmiths said:

Thanks!
the Headrest DVD system is made by Invision. It is the Revloltuion II series. Each player has individual DVD players, but they can also play/display the movie playing in the other headrest. Includes remote that controls both Players, 2 infrared headphones, with 2 channels each, Built in FM modulator. And pretty easy to install yourself. If you install yourself the warranty will not be valid, only valid when installed by authorize dealer.
More info about the players and install here
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4075.0

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is correct I can only pipe the audio through the speakers through Monitor A, Monitor B will not

acsea said:
BMWhitesel

I am also enjoying the new headrest players, or should I say the kids are...

If you get a chance could you run a quick test and see if you can "pipe" the audio from either monitor 'A' or 'B'. I am only able to turn on the FM transmitter from the 'A' monitor; the 'B' monitor will not play through to the radio. I just want to figure out if this is the way it is intended to operate or if I have a problem.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IT IS GM, WORKS GREAT!!!

dearsmiths said:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
BMWhitesel said:
IT IS GM, WORKS GREAT!!!
The brand of headrest system is not GM. It is installed by GM dealers or other Audio/Video shops, but the system brand is Invision and the model is Revolution 2

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Bonk is correct as he noted 2x in this thread. GM relies on suppliers for many things and then re-brands them in some cases so you think you are buying a GM made part. Our headrests carried a GM part # and came in a GM box, but were made by Invision as bonk noted. For warranty purposes, it is a GM part.

GM did the same thing with some CD changers in the 90's. My '95 Trans Am has a Delco branded CD changer and it will interchange magazines with a Pioneer unit of the same vintage. I don't recall if the label on it actually says it was made by Pioneer, but obviously it was.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
When in doubt, take it apart.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
My pic has been pirated to my own forum LOL!

Worth 1,000 words though.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whatever brand they are, they work great, I didn't have access to the DVD Players, because the are in the headrests, all I know is that the headrests come from GM and work great!!!!!!

bonk1313 said:
hahaha.
Blue my apolgies. I wasn't paying close enough attention. I had posted pics of the inside of the DVD player in a previous post. Just went back to that one, and pulled it not even looking closely. Found MY photo now.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2336.msg52363#msg52363

1 - 12 of 12 Posts