GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that GMC is changing the name of the silver color. The current and soon to be old name is Liquid Silver Metallic and new name will be Quicksilver Metallic. Was wondering if anyone might know how different the two colors might be from one another. Will it be noticeable or not? I like the way the current silver looks. I was planning on getting an 08 model, but changed to the 09 to get the new engine. Anybody know? Thanks.

P.S. They are also adding a new color, green metallic. I wonder if that will look good on the Acadia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
The silver will most likely be different.
probably not much though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know why they think they have to monkey around with basic colors like silver. Why can't they live well enough alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
skyhawk said:
I don't know why they think they have to monkey around with basic colors like silver. Why can't they live well enough alone.
The silver is only a hair different, and not anything anyone will even notice. Just a new year revision to keep things fresh--but if you wanted the current silver, you'll like the new version just as much.

As for the green, here it is on a Traverse:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
caddycruiser said:
skyhawk said:
I don't know why they think they have to monkey around with basic colors like silver. Why can't they live well enough alone.
The silver is only a hair different, and not anything anyone will even notice. Just a new year revision to keep things fresh--but if you wanted the current silver, you'll like the new version just as much.

As for the green, here it is on a Traverse:
reminds me a lot of the blue-gold they are discontinuing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
JonTon said:
reminds me a lot of the blue-gold they are discontinuing...
That does look too much like the blue-gold, I'll wait until a see the color pallettes before I make a decision on it.

I'm still crossing my fingers that it looks more like this........




Gotta love photoshop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
sshippee said:
JonTon said:
reminds me a lot of the blue-gold they are discontinuing...
That does look too much like the blue-gold, I'll wait until a see the color pallettes before I make a decision on it.

I'm still crossing my fingers that it looks more like this........

Gotta love photoshop
It does look like that, maybe just a hair lighter.

It is NOTHING like Blue-Gold, which is essentially silver mixed with a faint blue and some, rare, light green/gold hues. This is very much a medium green color with some silver brightness in it.

The closest idea could probably be Chrysler's "Magnesium" they made for a couple of years recently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hey sshippee...
you know how you changed the color on that Acadia with photoshop? could you do that same thing but make the Acadia the plum crazy color by dodge? I have a plum crazy charger and love the color but don't really care for the car itself. I would really love to see the Acadia this color. Thanks, it would make me smile..... ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
corty727 said:
Hey sshippee...
you know how you changed the color on that Acadia with photoshop? could you do that same thing but make the Acadia the plum crazy color by dodge? I have a plum crazy charger and love the color but don't really care for the car itself. I would really love to see the Acadia this color. Thanks, it would make me smile..... ;D
;D Could have got the color a little closer if I spent more time, but...........

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hey! that is GREAT! I love it! Thank you so much. That really put a smile on my face. I actually just bought today a dark crimson Acadia. So now my plum crazy Charger will soon just be a memory, but now I have something more to look forward too.... thanks again. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
This would be nice!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
If they'd had the orange.. I think that's what I would have gotten. But I really love the Carbon Black!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
I hope that the Mary Kay company leaves the Acadia alone -- it's bad enough that they are desecrating the new CTS's. That pinkish color does not belong on any vehicle IMO!! :puke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
The silver green color is sort of a medium green. I would say a small hint of blue, not yellow, but definitely green. Not sure where the silver comes in play. I don't see any silver at all.
I ordered one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Sshippee,
Thanks for that posting. Purple is my oldest daughter's favorite color. She was with me at the dealership when I did a test drive before placing my order. She like the room in the Acadia and she actually asked me if it came in her color. Well, now I can just try to figure out how to print a copy of your posting a hand it on her wall.
;D
She'll love it. :thumb:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top