GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help.

The sliding part of the sunroof in a 2008 model did not look solid. (the part you pull back)

It was almost like a netting of some sort. It was very different from other sunroofs I have seen.

Is it the same with a 2009? Or is it solid now?

I hope that makes sense....

My wife even thought the sun would be able to penetrate it, it was so thin.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Gruson said:
I hope someone can help.

The sliding part of the sunroof in a 2008 model did not look solid. (the part you pull back)

It was almost like a netting of some sort. It was very different from other sunroofs I have seen.

Is it the same with a 2009? Or is it solid now?

I hope that makes sense....

My wife even thought the sun would be able to penetrate it, it was so thin.
I can not specify the differences, if any, between 2008 and 2009. What is your concern about the screen?

To thin, won't block sun? Blocks pretty darn well actually. I have tinted mine so that it will allow less heat in the vehicle.[/color]

To thin, will rip? Not sure about long term, but mine has been fine so far.[/color]

To flimsy, doesn't work well, will brake? Not sure.[/color]

I assume, and mentioned this in another topic about the sunroof, the retractable part of the front sunroof had to be of that material because it needs to roll up on itself since there is not enough room in the headliner for a sliding section, since you have the 2nd row stationary roof. Once again that was my assumption.

Late addition, the nice feature about the net style retractable cover, is you can open the actual sunroof glass, and leave the net closed. The sun doesn't beat you to death, and you still get some airflow.[/color]

·
Registered
158 Posts
bonk1313 said:
To thin, will rip? Not sure about long term, but mine has been fine so far.[/color]

To flimsy, doesn't work well, will brake? Not sure.[/color]
I don't see any problem with ripping, but I have noticed that when the sunroof is open and the shade is closed, it does tend to flutter quite a bit so I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
satyric said:
I don't see any problem with ripping, but I have noticed that when the sunroof is open and the shade is closed, it does tend to flutter quite a bit so I wouldn't recommend it.

Does the noise bother you, or do you think that it may damage it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
bonk1313 said:
satyric said:

Does the noise bother you, or do you think that it may damage it?
More of the latter given the road noise with the sunroof open .

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wonder if having the sunroof deflector would help the wind "flapping" issues? I am considering getting it, but not sure if it's worth it. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
alvam said:
I wonder if having the sunroof deflector would help the wind "flapping" issues? I am considering getting it, but not sure if it's worth it. Thoughts?
Price?
Is it bolt on or double sided tape?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts