GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some complaints about the performance of the transmission on 2007 Acadia. I remember reading a while back that they fix/change the transmission issue. Can anyone confirm this, or add some insight.

much thx and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
659 Posts
The transmission issues all center around the software programming of shifts. There have been mulitiple updates to the programming and early cars have been flashed to the newer versions as TSBs when cars were serviced at the dealers. I have not heard any revision information that would indicate that an '08 would be any different than a late '07 (say manufactured in 5/07). At some point I imagine they will finalize the "best" program but I doubt they will please everybody because the optimum program for performance will never be the same as the optimum program for economy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The revised that is going to solve all the problems.....was mid August was the last date mentioned here but that was a while ago. Ok maybe not all the problems.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Should be in dealers by Mid- August

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry I don't have too much to add, but I just had my transmission "zapped" by the dealer on Tuesday. I guess it didn't have the latest programming. I have not driven it yet, but my wife says it is noticeably better. Hopefully the August software change will make the difference once and for all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an SLT2 with everything except the NAV. The transmission is all over the place, one time I will step on the gas to excelerate and it won't shift down, other times it will shift down at the slightest touch. Will the fix that everyone is talking about fix the issues?

Other than the outside air temp reading being off by about 4 degrees the tranny is the only issue that I have with the vehicle. Its probably one of the smoothest rides I have ever owned.

·
Registered
179 Posts
NCDave said:
I have an SLT2 with everything except the NAV. The transmission is all over the place, one time I will step on the gas to excelerate and it won't shift down, other times it will shift down at the slightest touch. Will the fix that everyone is talking about fix the issues?
I think most people that bought an early Acadia and had the reflash done noticed an improvement. It certainly didn't fix everything, but people noticed it was better. That update was an improvement. The update that's coming is a HUGE improvement over what you have, but it still doesn't fix everything.

We didn't increase the power of the engine or make the vehicle lighter so there's only so much you can do. What we did do is make the transmission much more responsive and should do a far better job of picking the appropriate gear when you want to accelerate. It's still going to shift often, but should be more in line with what you want. The shifts should also be much smoother too.

The new update should not impact your fuel economy either as long as your driving habits remain the same. What you might find is that since the vehicle is a bit more responsive, you'll drive it a bit more aggressively and that will lower your fuel economy a bit too.

I'd also say that people coming from the old cal will have to re-learn how to drive the vehicle again after the update. If you were used to really working the pedal to get the vehicle to respond, you should find you don't have to do that anymore. Still not perfect, but noticeably better.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I will take that. :thumb:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Am I correct in assuming that 08's coming off the line right now do not have this latest and greatest update, but in mid-August they will get it as part of the plant build process?

·
Registered
179 Posts
JonTon said:
Am I correct in assuming that 08's coming off the line right now do not have this latest and greatest update, but in mid-August they will get it as part of the plant build process?
The vehicles built at the plant will get it early August.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Outstanding. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks, it sounds like it will make a huge effort in resolving my issues. Is the update out at this time and or can you give me a date that I can check with the dealership?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
lzwhb2 said:
When it's available, I'll let people know. As for now, you need to hold on for a few more weeks.
PLease PM me when it is and we can do some sort of forum announcement.

That is after I get mine done first. LOL : P

·
Registered
230 Posts
gudos to the folks at GM for trying to satisfy thousands of customers with differing viewpoints of this issue. as an engineer myself, and being in a "customer service" business, I can relate with the challenges you are facing. let me say that this is one truly amazing vehicle, and my compliments to the team that designed it and got it into production. in my opinion, you've done a excellent job. and, the fact that you are monitoring this site, and accepting the feedback/criticism, shows me that you are dedicated to do the right things to satisfy your customers.

consider me a truly satisfied Acadia owner!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bill in PA said:
gudos to the folks at GM for trying to satisfy thousands of customers with differing viewpoints of this issue. as an engineer myself, and being in a "customer service" business, I can relate with the challenges you are facing. let me say that this is one truly amazing vehicle, and my compliments to the team that designed it and got it into production. in my opinion, you've done a excellent job. and, the fact that you are monitoring this site, and accepting the feedback/criticism, shows me that you are dedicated to do the right things to satisfy your customers.

consider me a truly satisfied Acadia owner!
:ditto:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am having my first service on my SLT2 tomorrow and would like them to flash the OS for the transmission. Does anyone have the latest update file name?

·
Registered
956 Posts
The newest reflash is due out later this month. I'm not sure of the date, but I'm guessing that if you had it reflashed around the end of the month it would be available.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts