SLT2 Standard Options
Sun Roof
7 passenger Seating

They are asking $29,995.00

Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Is that all the options or are there more i.e. NAV, HID, skyscapes, DVD etc. As it sits, that's a good deal in my book

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
antney said:
OK, I found this used Acaida which is certified by GM

2008 GMC Acadia AWD SLT2
Miles- 6,323

Options:
SLT2 Standard Options
Sun Roof
7 passenger Seating

They are asking $29,995.00

Thanks for any input.
I assume sunroof means dual sky scape... If so,, check for water damage, and make sure that the recalls have been completed.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Whoops; I guess I missed that from the original post about the sunroof :sosad:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just thinking about what I paid for the same vehicle 12 months ago. :puke: j/k Sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Yipes, that's what I paid for my SLE almost 2 years ago. Seems like a fantastic deal to me. I would be kind of suspicious on why they are selling it so cheap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At first I thought it was a demo, they claim it wasnt, is there a way I can find out why a car was traded in?

To the question about other options, no DVD or NAV. i will find out about the other small items.

I went on vehix.com and saw other similiar used vehicles, about 10K more miles around the same price or in the low 30K range. Not sure why this one is so low, but its GM certified with the factory warranty along with an extra 12 month, 12K warranty.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
At a minimum I would get the VIN and pay for a Carfax report to start; that will show anything that has been reported to motor vehicles/insurance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just under $30k is what I paid for a loaded 2008 slt2 with 12k miles about 2 months ago. I do have dual dvd and nav, but I also have more mileage. I bought mine from the original owners, not a dealer, so that may explain some of the difference.

This looks like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds to me like an excellent deal. And maybe it's just priced to sell which is a novel approach. There's plenty of similar vehicles still being offered in the low and even mid 30s which are taking up space.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again for all the replies, the dealer just called me to tell me that this vehicle was used for "executive" use, is this another way of saying it is a demo vehicle???

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Yes, probably reserved for high GM employees

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
After giving the price further thought (because I'm sitting here "eyes popped out" that an SLT2 can be sold for what I bought my SLE for :p ), I realized that a lot of that price difference probably has to do with the area each individual lives in. I think anyone would be hard pressed to find an SLT2 (even a demo) in the northern Chicago burbs for under $30K.

You might still ask for the service records to see what, if any, work was performed on it, even though it sounds like it may have been a well taken care of demo vehicle. :)

Actually... I'm gonna eat my words here because upon widening my search to within 75 miles of Gurnee, I found YOUR vehicle:

http://edmunds.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=c&car_id=252320735&dealer_id=565070&car_year=2008&rdm=1231426935227&model=ACADIA&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2008&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=75&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=GMC&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=d&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=60031&advanced=y&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=Automatic&max_price=&cardist=46

*slaps self in forehead* heh

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Going off of Web Raven's link, a quick check of GMVIS shows it was a GM Company Car, so not a typical dealer demo vehicle. Also, no warranty claims on it either.

So:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Antney

You should buy this vehicle before somebody on this forum beats you to the punch ;D

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
It was a later build 2008 model (Jan 2008), so it falls outside the VIN breakpoints for the sunroof recall. So that shouldn't be an issue.

It also has the towing package. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
A 1 year old vehicle with 6K miles! I would buy it just for the mileage, would be nice to know color and maybe see some pics

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Exterior: Gold Mist Metallic

Interior: Ebony Leather

Disclaimer: All this info is from Web Raven's linked Acadia on AutoTrader.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Did you click on my link? It's a gold mist (I think that's the color) and it looks to be in fine shape. :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
If that isn't the same Acadia that antney is talking about, I'd be really surprised. The mileage and price are exact, and the dealership wording is much of what he posted here already.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.