GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I ordered my Acadia. :blob: For those of you with 2008 SLE's do you have a outside tempature reading in the vehicle? I ordered the base model, with the remote start - park assist and power seats as my only options. I was just curious. The salesman said he didn't think it came with that. It looks like in picutres it's where the odometer reading is but I didn't know if that was on the SLE or not.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Exterior temp display is only available on the SLT models.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have it on my 2007 SLE. Doubt they took it away for 2008 but who knows?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
My 2007 SLE has outside temp on base model

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
teetertotter said:
My 2007 SLE has outside temp on base model
Ditto. My '07 SLE has the outside temp display too. What it doesn't have is the inside temp, which I *think* is on the SLT models.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Web Raven said:
What it doesn't have is the inside temp, which I *think* is on the SLT models.
While there *is* an inside temp being measured, it is not viewable.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My 07 SLE has it, too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all. I have never had that on any of my new vehicles. It has always been something I've wanted but not able to get the model that has it. That will be an added treat for me. The one thing I have on my Montana minivan right now is the rear park assist, which I did get on the Acadia. Bonus for me with that is the remote start - never had that before. My husband is happy because he says I never let the car warm up long enough. Now that I don't have to go out in the cold mornings to start it I'll let it warm up longer - :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
We have had our 08 a week now and while reading through the owners manual the remote start only runs the vehicle for 10 minutes or you can extend that for an additional 10 minutes. Is this correct? Will be nice to have remote start this winter. Well my wife will be enjoying it since it is her vehicle. I just maintain it for her and keep it clean.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rat407 said:
We have had our 08 a week now and while reading through the owners manual the remote start only runs the vehicle for 10 minutes or you can extend that for an additional 10 minutes. Is this correct? Will be nice to have remote start this winter. Well my wife will be enjoying it since it is her vehicle. I just maintain it for her and keep it clean.
I don't know about that but 10 minutes is more than enough time for me. Would be nice to be able to make it longer for those really cold morning in the dead of winter though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Rat407 said:
This is correct. You can start it twice for 10 minutes each or start it and extend it once. After that, you must start it with the key.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have an SLE with outside temp. It's in the DIC.

I also have dual-zone climate, so I "kinda" have an interior reading as well. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts