GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the Acadia base prices went up $500-600 on December19. No increase in option prices that I saw.
Vehicles manufactured before the 19th should still have the older prices.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Re: 2008 Price Increase Eff 12/19/08

Just a little more info. Generally if your vehicle is ordered before the price increase, you are protected, even if it hasn't been built yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts

Yep, GM increased prices on all vehicles across the board. Anybody looking for a good deal on a pickup though, needs to keep an eye out on Silvarado and GMC equivalent units, they have 250,000 of each collecting dust in dealerships. Rebates will be huge in the new year :confused:

·
Registered
370 Posts

Anyone ready to order I suggest getting it in writting from the dealer that if the price increases you are protected. My sales guy tried to tell me if the price goes up his dealership isn't going to "eat the cost." Yeah...right....so that's when I called his boss....he put the price protection in writting.

·
Registered
113 Posts

We ordered our car December 5 will be getting it next week....Just found out from our dealer that they won't eat the rate increase.....if i didn't want this car so bad, I'd tell them to go screw themselves! :angryfire:

·
Registered
339 Posts

Hmmm, that is interesting. When I ordered mine, I put down a small deposit (I think $200). My dealer said by doing that, I would lock in my deal at the agreed upon number and that wouldn't change if the price of the vehicle went up or down.

·
Registered
113 Posts

I put down a $500 deposit...I'm going check the paperwork..Because we signed papers with a purchase price on it. They're telling me there is fine print saying price isn't guaranteed or something...stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

I should clarify my earlier post...

Technically the dealer is not invoiced or charged for an ordered vehicle until it has been built so I guess a price increase could be passed on to the buyer unless you've already agreed in writing to a sales price.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Just read the back of the purchase agreement. It states:

If Manufacturer increases the price of motor vehicles similar to the Vehicle prior to delivery of the Vehicle to Purchaser, Dealer reserves the right to increase the price of the Vehicle to Purchaser accordingly.

I guess my husband talked to them and what it sounds like is with the additional incentive available they're going to offset each other. Still doesn't make me happy. They're not willing to eat it :banghead:

·
Registered
370 Posts

apples, I'm here in Beaverton. At first I was going to buy from DSU in Portland, the salesman there stated that by putting down a deposit on the order I was price protected. He brought it up as part of his pitch. But he wouldn't come down from $300 over invoice so I ended up going through Royal Moore in Hillsboro as they were under invoice. They are the dealer that said they wouldn't eat the cost. So that's when I called his boss and said there was no incentive to go through them then, I might as well go w/ DSU. Only then did they put it in writing. Guess what I'm saying is, I never would have thought about it if the first dealer didn't mention it. And from the other posts it sounds like there is no standard practice w/ dealers.
On a brighter note...you are going to LOVE the Acadia. I've only seen a handful on the road here and that's part of it's charm...they look great and stand out from the crowd. Just got my blue-gold a month ago and have yet to see one that color on the road. I can't wait until summer when I can open the sunroof for the first time! ha ha
Best of luck and congrats....I hope you are pleased with yours as most of the folks on this forum are with theirs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Irish...I know, I haven't seen any around here either. I'm down near Corvallis. We had a trade in which makes it even more difficult to back out of our deal over the $500-$600 increase. The car was supposed to be here today or tomorrow but it looks like it will be here sometime next week. Then they said it could take a week possibly to get it down here, depending how long it takes to fill up a truck for deliveries. Any ways, I think I'm going to see if I can pitch we split the difference. Probably won't fly but worth a try :) Yes opening the sunroof is something definetly looking forward too...We Oregonians don't get much sun this time of year

·
Registered
8 Posts
After waiting 8 weeks, we just went to pick our 08 Silver/Black SLT2 and in the trade negotiations the dealer said that they were honoring price at time of the order....OK, but does the dealer actually PAY the difference?

We ended up leaving the vehicle at the dealership until they figure out how to replace the front bumper that they drilled.

Florida is a "one plate state" so why drill a new custom-ordered car?

·
Registered
284 Posts
fln8tive said:
After waiting 8 weeks, we just went to pick our 08 Silver/Black SLT2 and in the trade negotiations the dealer said that they were honoring price at time of the order....OK, but does the dealer actually PAY the difference?

We ended up leaving the vehicle at the dealership until they figure out how to replace the front bumper that they drilled.

Florida is a "one plate state" so why drill a new custom-ordered car?
If the increase is something that's right on the vehicle invoice, definitely yes--the increase is effective across the board then, passed directly from GM with the vehicle and someone has to pay it. So if anyone has run into a deal where they were really price protected, the dealer "ate it", etc. it came from their checkbook, so to speak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts