GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2008 SLT AWD with 165k miles on it - What should I watch out for?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The fact that is has 165,000. That is a lot of mileage. At that much "experience" there are just any number of things that can go wrong with a vehicle.

George

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I agree with George. I would tread lightly buying a 12 year old Lambda platform vehicle with that many miles.

The most important thing to look for is service records. If you can't get a complete service history you might consider a different vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
18,836 Posts
I am looking at a 2008 SLT AWD with 165k miles on it - What should I watch out for?
Welcome to the forum.
What others have said. Plus, get a good safety inspection of the vehicle by a reputable shop. Good luck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
As others have stated... service records. Probably worth pulling service bulletins just to be aware of things to look for. If equipped with DVD player, make sure it works (the player on our 08 SLT failed fast). Welcome!

·
Registered
67 Posts
While I loved all 3 off my Acadias, it's not a car i would be comfortable owning after 100k.
I'm not saying that it's going to die at 101k by any means, but you're definitely more likely to get some high-cost repairs after that compared to some other brands.
I assume you're looking at an 08 with 165k because of the price but I would imagine the cost of the repairs in the first few years would be more than you'd spend on a better car, I would much rather suggest a lower mile car or get a Honda Odyssey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts