GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my 08 acadia in a couple days. I notice most of the complaints are on the 07, but I would like a list of things i should check for on the 08 before I take it off the lot.

Those of you with 08s, how many of the recalls and/or complaints are redundant with the 07?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Omega - picked my 2008 liquid silver up on July 5th - have not had one of the problems people are complaining about, with 3,000 miles on it I haven't had a reason to take it back to the dealer was just thinking today maybe I should start to think about a first oil change. I did think the transmission was the only complaint in the beginning but with 3,000 miles on it I feel its one of the nicest shifting transmissions I've driven. I think it learns how you drive and adjusts to it. Always seems to be in the right gear at the right time and is silky smooth in itd shifts. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm headed to the dealershipe (6 hours away) to pick it up tomorrow. I've got my fingers crossed I'm one of the majority with none of the issues thus far described.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think you will love it. I have had my 08 for two months and 3,000 miles now and it has been perfect so far. Wife is really getting close to buying an Enclave she loves my car so much. Enjoy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been driving the Acadia now for 3 whole days.
I was initially bittersweet on the transaction, because I was saying goodbye to my 03 silverado that I loved. Each day I'm loving the Acadia more and more. It's amazing. Sporty handling, beautiful styling, comfortable and roomy. It's a nice experience driving with my friends listening to music dvds while they get to watch in the back.

Seems the transmission was downshifting on extremely minor grade hills on the interstate. 360 mile interstate trip and the dic said 19.3 mpg. I got tired of shutting off the cruise and trying to keep it from downshifting. Often this requires dropping from 80mph all the way down to under 70.

No problems to report other than the dvd screen has a black line rolling through it when I plug in the PS2 for some on-the-go Guitar Hero. I noticed this when i took the gaming system to try out with an Acadia on the lot a while back. I just assumed that particular screen was defective. Now I have to assume it's "normal." What to do about it i don't know. It's not that bothersome, but still would like a way to fix it.
Anyone run into this? Thoughts on how to fix it? Is the Panasonic screen progressive scan? Regular DVDs play perfectly.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i hope other 08 owners out there would share their experiences with their new vehicle especially the ones concerning issues from the 07 model, if there was any major differences or improvements, it will help a lot of us here yearning to buy one but yet stiil undecided wheter to purchase one... :) thanks in advance

·
Registered
42 Posts
My transmission was quick to downshift on slight grades as well. Until it got broken in. I now have 5K miles on it in 1-1/2 months and it seems to get more powerful daily and is not so quick to downshift. Service dept told me it takes 10K to break in. I kinda believe it. It just seems weird to take so long to break in.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
We've had ours only 2 weeks now, so we don't have any long term experiences, but so far we can't come up with a single complaint yet. :blob: It's a wonderful vehicle and we have absolutely no regrets about buying it (other than we have a car payment again :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We have had our 2008 for 2 days and we are at 124 miles now.

I don't notice any issues with shifting. I did hear the click in the transmission at 7 mph and 20 mph that I saw threads on. I'm glad I saw those ahead of time or I might have thought something was wrong.

I tested the On-Star turn by turn directions and that is very very nice.

We are very happy with this car!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
We've had ours since Memorial Day, and I have almost 4k miles on it. I don't have any complaints, it's comfortable and the kids love it. Plenty of passenger/cargo room, and a great quiet ride with a nice stereo. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
362 Posts
GeoHawk said:
We've had ours only 2 weeks now, so we don't have any long term experiences, but so far we can't come up with a single complaint yet. :blob: It's a wonderful vehicle and we have absolutely no regrets about buying it :thumbsup: )
:ditto:

And I probably would not have even noticed the ABS check sounds if I hadn't been looking for them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My '08 has a little of the downshifting on downslope of hills. THis is by design and is normal. In reading the owners manual, it actually states (pg 2-34 of 2008 manual) that the Acadia "has Automatic Engine Grade Braking which assists when driving on a downhill grade. It maintains the vehicle speed by automatically implementing a shift schedule that uses the engine and the transmision to slow the vehicle. This reduces wear on the brakes and increases control of the vehicle. The system constantly monitors the vehicle's speed, acceleration, throttle position, and whether the brake pedal is being pressed, and determines when to keep the current vehicle speed or to slow down. The system will then automatically command downshifts that reduces the vehicle speed, until the brake pedal is no longer being pressed. This indicates the desired vehicle speed has been reached. While in the Electronic Range Select mode (ERS), grade braking is deactivated, allowing a driver to select a range and limiting the highest gear available."
So now you know why you feel the tranny shifting on downhill grades. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Did they eliminate the pounding of the wind on your face if you have your drivers window rolled down while driving? Same experience for passenger front seat? If you have a couple windows rolled down do you still receive this horrible base baffling sound to your ears that is unbearable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess I'm the odd man out. Have an 08, purchased in 9\07. 737 miles on it and it's in the shop. Stabilitrak/brake problems and a tempermental A/C.
The A/C doesn't always blow cold air. Hope yours is trouble free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:( I have a 2008 with about 1400 miles on it. Recently I have been experiencing a loud thud/clunk noise when I put the car in drive? Pulling out of the garage or pulling out of the mall parking lot, I put the car in drive and about 10 seconds later I hear a thud/clunk noise. I think it's coming from the driver side front wheel but my wife says the noise is coming from the passenger side middle seat. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Rudedawg123 said:
:( I have a 2008 with about 1400 miles on it. Recently I have been experiencing a loud thud/clunk noise when I put the car in drive? Pulling out of the garage or pulling out of the mall parking lot, I put the car in drive and about 10 seconds later I hear a thud/clunk noise. I think it's coming from the driver side front wheel but my wife says the noise is coming from the passenger side middle seat. Any help is appreciated.
I hear the same noise under the same conditions. I am hoping as I said in another post, that it is the ABS. If anyone here knows what it might be let us know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you can reproduce this at will, I suggest having your significant other or a friend stand in the driveway and listen to try and narrow down where the noise is coming from. It sure sounds like a transmission issue to me..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Most likely the thuds is the ABS self check. If it is, it will do it at about the same speeds everytime. You should hear it around 10 mph and 20 mph give or take a couple of mph.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.