GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked it up a little after 4:00 this afternoon. Having seen an 07 Carbon Metallic, we like the 08 color better. It's more Black than gray and the metallic really shows, especially in the sun. Once I'm done with the Zaino it should really pop. The Brick interior is as good as we expected. My wife drove it home and is really pleased. From what I could tell from the right seat, so am I. More pics when it's polished.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congrats! :dancing:

Nice color. I haven't seen the 08 Carbon Black in person. Must be another good reason to head back to Lexington Park :thumb:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, the Acadia is ok but I really love the garage and the John Deere!. Just kidding. It's a beauty for sure. My Lexus is silver and doesn't look as good along side my JD mower as does your carbon black. Good luck with it. I second the Zaino. I just clayed and put 3 coats on the Lexus and 2 on the Deere. I have a GX345 54" and it's been a real workhorse for the past 4 years. Looks new with a few rounds of Z2 on it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom H said:
Well, the Acadia is ok but I really love the garage and the John Deere!. Just kidding. It's a beauty for sure. My Lexus is silver and doesn't look as good along side my JD mower as does your carbon black. Good luck with it. I second the Zaino. I just clayed and put 3 coats on the Lexus and 2 on the Deere. I have a GX345 54" and it's been a real workhorse for the past 4 years. Looks new with a few rounds of Z2 on it.
The Zaino starts in the morning. Dawn, clay, Z-7, AIO, ZCS, Z-8. Sounds like a full day.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, it's a beauty, and I too like the "blacker" 2008 color more than the last charcoal--but both are great.

Just a fantastic looker in that color combo and with the polished wheels :thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
need better pics. I cant tell the color in those pics. Get some in sun light.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sunlight pics will come after I've finished the Zaino. Tonight or tomorrow. Patience, Grasshopper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She's why we picked the Acadia, and 8-pass, and Black/Brick. Maybe she won't get car sick if she has her own bed on the folded second and third rows, plus it was the closest color combination to her colors.

Ok, she wasn't the only reason.

·
Registered
812 Posts
definitely the combination i want to go.... :pickme:
now wers the pics??? cant stop drooling!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congratulations, looks great. The Zaino will only improve it, can't wait to see the pics. Enjoy! :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok Boys and Girls. Here are some post-Zaino pics. I apologize for the size, but it's the only way the metallic shows up. I'll post a few others after I resize them for your viewing convenience. The first is of the driver's door reflecting my fat belly. What looks like dirt specs, trash, water spots and general lack of care, is the metallic flake reflecting the sun from over my left shoulder. The second is the C-pillar and the third window glass. It also shows the flake. Neither of them do the finish justice. I'll resize and post others in a few minutes, while watching "Wind Tunnel" on the Speed Channel.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are a few more, resized to a more manageable size. I haven't shot the Brick interior. It looks like every other Brick interior I've seen on the forum -- TERRIFFIC!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Now that's a beauty. The metallic adds a hint of glitz. Black is what I wanted when we got our 07 Acadia. Since black didn't exist I went with my wife's fav color, White Diamond. While I still have a happy marriage... I'd risk it for that black beauty!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I definitely like the black better than the charcoal. Beautiful! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rufio said:
Now that's a beauty. The metallic adds a hint of glitz. Black is what I wanted when we got our 07 Acadia. Since black didn't exist I went with my wife's fav color, White Diamond. While I still have a happy marriage... I'd risk it for that black beauty!
This is truly black, no carbon sheen to it. You have to see it up close with the naked eye to really see the metallic or granite flakes in the paint, the camera just does not pick it up. We were really pleased with the quality of paint, when we did the clay bar, there was almost no pickup in the paint, a real good quality paint. As we did the different coats of Zaino, the sheen just deepened until as I told Mike, I could put on make-up using the Acadia as my mirror. This is my baby, I love it. I wanted the black/brick from the first time I saw the Acadia, it has black carpet and black trim up to the window level including the dash, the pillars and roof are lite grayish. With all the trim being chrome or aluminum, it just pops!

We also got the back-up camera, it is fabulous - we pull into the garage and use the camera to make sure we have it in far enough that the door does not scrape the bumper, or when we want to open the hatch, we have to back it in so the hatch does not hit the door, we use the camera to see the blue tape I put on the floor to be sure that I have it in far enough. We used it tonight after dark, and the back up lights are so bright that you can see everything with the camera! Get the camera!!! Love our Acadia!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts